Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

party analysis

I'll explain it like this. Imagine, you have 10 heroes and you have a system to substitute between heroes. However, when you proceed with the story, you don't know wich heroes the player has and thus you don't know wich facesets and/or special accents you should use. I need a script for that, that knows wich heroes are in the party and uses facesets and accents accordingly. Hope you understand what I mean.

I'm thinking it should somehow be possible with conditional branches, but I can't imagine how except for to put them in front of every single dialogue, wich would be a pain in the ass

Why don't you just make all of the characters be in scenes? Or just put the ones that have a part in the scene in it. I plan on having a party switch script here soon cuz I just got a 5th member in my game and it's a 4 member game. But if that 5th member has an important part in a scene, he will be in it whether he's in the party or not.

If you think about it, unless you have an in-story reason why you can only have 4 members in your party at a time, then you don't really need to do this. Basically in my game, gameplay and story are completely separate (mostly). When I was running through that dungeon with a party of 4, while my 5th member was in reserve, story-wise he was with me the whole time. The 4 people in a party at a time is purely gameplay, nothing to do with story.

Sorry, I'm not directly helping you...but maybe you'll change your mind about needing this so then I will have helped...but probably not lol.

P.S. Awesome name btw ^_^ (meet you in the Deadmines).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.