Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Particle Engine w/ battle compatibility

Script Title:
Particle Engine w/ battle compatibility
RMXP or RMVX:
XP
Detailed Description:
I would like to have a particle script that will work within my Enu SBS script. For instance, when an enemy has a passive skill, I want a particle animation swirling about him continuously. I don't like regular battle animations so that just won't do =D AND I DON'T WANT TO USE THE SDK!!!!!!!!! (I hate it's incompatibility with so many nice scripts... that's all)
Screen shots:
Needparticleinbattle.jpg

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Ccoa's Weather Script
Enu SBS Scripts (ALL of them except Damage limit, AATB, Overdrive, Ind. Battle commands)
Status by FYRE
Character_Shadow by Sprite_Ombre
Map_Location by Hunter x
World_Map_Minichars by Charlie Lee
Battle Equipment by Der VVulfman
LM_Picture system (Don't know who made this. It allows light pictures to show through windows/lamps/etc)
Path Finding v1 by Near Fantastica
Path Finding v2b by Near Fantastica
Mousie! Mouse system by Der VVulfman
Window_Edits by Der VVulfman
'Location instead of steps taken' by Juan
LBL_Message System by Slipknot
Shop_Status by RPG Advocate
Juan's Custom Gameover Script

What I'll be adding shortly:
A dynamic sound system
Blue Magic (If I can get it to work correctly :mad: )

if someone asks a specific question, add that detail to this post.

The particle engines that I have found have all been made by the same guy or they are variations... mostly in the small customization that comes with the original. The problem is that the particle scripts all show animation on top of events or wherever an event tells the animation to go. They don't target an actual battler image.

Thanks for the reply. I would love to see this done... and I'm sure others would agree that this would be nice. To have particles in the battle engine would be a very neat effect. =D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.