Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Part-ABS, Part-Command Battle Script

What I'm looking for is a script that does this:

1. Shows enemies on the map screen--Enemies can chase or run away
2. However, upon touch, a command-style battle will occur, like the standard battle system.

Is there an existing script like this?

Taylor

Sponsor

Do you mean that the normal battles start upon touching the enemy- aka event based encounters, or instead of button mashing enemies, you touch the enemy then choose an attack from the menu, while still on the main map.

Anonymous

Do you mean the map as in, in the town or world map instead of background?
if so just don't put a battleback graphic on the tileset then battles take place on the map.

put enemy graphics on the map where you want them to be.
take enemy encounters on the map options off
take the battlebacks off the tilesets you want

this will show the battle commands on the map as the battle is actually on the map.

forget the enemies can chase or run away for now as I will work on that when you tell me if the above is what you want, then I will work on the chase and run

Not really what I was looking for, arbiter.

What I am looking for is this:
1. Starts off as an ABS, with the monsters as charactersets on the map.
2. The monster, if it's stronger, will chase you and if it's weaker, it will run away.
3. If you touch the monster, or it touches you, one of the standard battles begins.

I think an example of this (without the chase/runaway feature) can be seen in Panda's (J-Street) Absence of Vagaries: Blood Rose. Take a look! :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.