Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Paranormal [Working Title]

Fate

106yof5.png

A Psychological Horror

Mark Sunderland is a small time police officer from Lakeview City and is currently working his way up through the ranks on his aspects of becoming cheif inspector. While on duty outside of the city, accompanied by his trustworthy partner Ryan Rodrigues, they happen to find a common thug and a large nuisence, Odin Mitchell. He regretably is caught attempting to steal another car. Mark and Ryan arrest Odin, and head back to the main city police department. As roadworks are being made upon their route back, Mark is made to re-route down an unmarked road. The empty, signless road get's more foggy and mysterious as they proceed. By misfortune, their police car breaks down, and Mark is forced to stop by the side of the road. With no radio service, and a long debate, Mark desides to wonder down the road and look for help, while Ryan waits with their arrested convict, Odin. As Mark continues further down the road, day begins to fade, and the darkness swarms the tree's and covers the road. Mark notice's a signpost reading "Lakeview Hills", but out of luck he eventually reaches a point where the street lights begin to dimmer, then to fade out completely. He's is left with no choice but to turn back and tell his partner what he found hoping there will be help within the town. Mark ponders on the fact he had never heard of this town and was also not on the map. Upon reaching the broken down vehicle, he is shocked by the disappearence of his partner Ryan and the scoundrel Odin. The vehicle seems untouched, and still continue's to fail to run. After a while of waiting Mark is yet again left with no choice. He pop's the trunk of the car, and takes his rucksack, torch, batteries and checks he has enough ammunition for his firearm. Mark will be faced with an unexplained mystery. Whatever happen to his faithful partner Ryan? And what of Odin? Mark follows the light from his torch as he enters the town of Lakeview Hills...

2u5z5vc.png

Name: Mark Sunderland
Hair colour: Grey
Eye colour: Brown
Not much is known of Mark as of yet. Through his beginning actions, he seems to be intelligent, but also very unlucky. Prior to the misfortunate event of the car breaking down, Mark was a very outgoing person. Spent a lot of time doing pyhsical activities. He is not known to have any family as of yet, but he did spend a lot of time with his good friend Ryan.
He had been in the police force for 5 years, and had been promoted a few times, working his way up to the top. He has also had connection with Odin previously before the day, even though he is still very untrustworthy. Mark is trained with the 8mm Handgun, issued by the police department of Lakeview City. Mark is not the type to believe in anything to far-fetched, he is not religious in anyway.

Name: Ryan Rodrigues
Hair colour: Blonde
Eye colour: Blue
Officer Ryan Rodrigues is one of the newest members of the Lakeview City department, and got outstanding grades and scores on his training, prior to signing up. He is known to be young, exciting and very kind. He is also noted in a memo of Mark that he is very faithful. Odin Mitchell was Ryan's first arrest, and was very happy to have achieved this. It is not like ryan to wonder off in the dark without a torch, especially if he has Odin with him also. Ryan does not have any religion, by he is a spirit fanatic. He spends most of his spare time researching ghostly adventure's, though he does not seem to scare on the idea of seeing one. When Ryan left the vehicle he had his radio and a shotgun.

Name: Odin Mitchell
Hair colour: Brown
Eye colour: Brown
Odin Mitchell has the highest convict record in all of Lakeview. He is well known for burglary, and Grand Theft Auto. Odin's personality is very mysterious, he can be aggressive at times, but also somewhat friendly. Odin hasn't had a job in a long time, if ever, although he is an electrition by trade. Odin is a Catholic, born and raised and is very optimistic, and generally takes the glass half full. Prior to the day of the breakdown, Odin was caught stealing a vehicle, only minor details to why he was doing it was taken down by officer Rodrigues, or to how he got way out of town.
I designed the idea for this project mainly because I love the thrill of games, and what games can do to change your mood. My main and only objective for this project is to deliver a horror filled action pack game, with a marvelous story. I have spent a long duration on writing the concept, I have only showed the prologue as I would otherwise give to much information about the project. As the scare factor, as I call it, is the biggest part of the project, designing maps and scenes will be the most workfilled part. This is the first stage of the project, and this is not the main thread. I hope that it has intrigued you to know more about the characters and the game and more will be realised in the future.
One other main basis of this concept post is for recruiting of the project. As a lot of work is needed elsewhere it does not give me a lot of time on other important things. I have been debating to myself how far into the design part of the project I need to go, and unfortunetly my scripting skills are not of the standard which will be required for the game. As listed below are the spaces needed, to the outcome of which I cannot achieve a team member for a certain thing, will result in my attempt or endlessly Hire.
-Scripting
--Custom Battle System (Will be discussed, Very complicated)
--Custom Menu System
--Custom Animted Title
--Custom Hud
--Flashlight

-Character Development
--Custom Template [Completed]
--Character set's [In Progress]
--Character Animations [In Progress]

-Tileset Development
--Part custom or Custom tileset. (Will be discussed)
--Tileset Lighting and animations

Eventing will be done by the developer.
If any issues or you are keen and interested, please PM me, with your experience and what you are looking to do.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.