Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Paint.NET VS PaintShopPro

Okay so I just recently downloaded Paint.NET. I never tried PSP, but I imagine it's a lot better.

I was just wondering what some of the mayjor differences are and how they compare.

Well yeah the PSP is a lot better than paint.NET I mean you can play SOCOM with it while you're on a train or something!
jk

Paint.NET has barely any features, needs the .NET framework, and just basically sucks in general. PSP has tons of features and effects and probably supports more file formats. And GIMP > both of them because it has more features than Paint.NET and is free, which PSP is not.

Anonymous

For general graphics development, if you're a cheapass, go with GIMP. Even if you're not a cheapass, go with GIMP - it does pretty much everything Photoshop can do, and has room for more. Also it's completely free. Only downside? GTK+ on Windows is pretty terrible. Even so, it manages quite nicely.

For SPRITING or something, even though I am not a spriter I would probably suggest MS Paint. It's pretty simple, it's RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU, and most of the spriters I know prefer it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.