Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

out of battle skills

if this exists, i apoligize, but the way i want it is so specific, i doubt there's a script EXACTLY like it.

so, i'm looking for a script which, through skill id's or element id's (out of battle) will do the following:

-when the move is used the, the menu closes, and just like in-battle, the skills name appears on the top screen.

-Then, the skill's usage animation shows up on centered around the tile in front of him, depending on where he/she is facing. (please include line where i can change the # of tiles it's cenetered away from)

-the anim. will be at 64x64, so that's x+16, y+16 from "centered tile."

-then, switch, "skill_name used" will be activated temporarily. (one instant, that's it.)

also, if anyone knows, event wise, how i could make an object only react if he is "targeting" it? (x amount of spaces away, facing it)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.