Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Original Zelda Style Script

Remember the original NES Legend Of Zelda? Remember how acton button 2 held items like the bow or bombs? Remember how your sword did damage to the enemy when it hit them? Remember how you attack with your sword by pressing a button, and attacks that hit your shield do no damage? My game needs (Sorry for the use of need) something like that.

I was wondering if anyone had a script to make it as: If sword hits enemy/projectile, enemy/projectile disappears. If action button 1 pushed, sword out for X frames. If action button 2 pressed, item X used. If players hits enemy/projectile, player loses X hearts. If enemy/projectile hits shield, projectile disappears/enemy moves back two squares. Etc.

As far as I know (Not as far as I can throw you), this script doesn't exist. So if an amazing scriptor could help, I'd never forget it. Never.

(P.S. I have the scripting skills of a rock, so if someone could explain the script in slow, easy steps, it would be appreciated.)

Meh...Horrible script request. For 1.) It's just asking if we remember, needs more descriptive elements. Show pictures, references - not everyone has played this game. 2.) Wait 72 hours before bumping. 3.) Try searching the scripts forum. I belive someone has done this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.