Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Only one character in battle.

Wait, so I have 4+ actors in my party and only the 1st actor willl fight?

I can't guarantee this will really work, but so far as I can think of...

Within Scene_Battle class, method main...
1. Save your current party to a variable (we'll need it later).
2. Slice your current party to one actor.

Within the same class, method battle_end...
1. Restore your current party by the one you stored earlier in the beginning of the battle.

Though this may work at first glance, I don't think Seph's script will allow us to do so (I must merge squall's large party script with modified Seph's in-battle switch to do such effect).

As you see, I have problem to do your request, so maybe others can do it for him?

Im working on a way right now...
I just have one question...
Do you want there to be a maximum of one character on the screen at a time or do u want u to be able to add multiple characters when needed?

you're making a Pokémon game too huh?:D

well tnks for the request, i tryed to ask for it in the old forum, but no one understood me...
you are lucky-er then me!!!:lol: ':| :lol:

-Edit-
OMG!!!
what line do i copy to make my game have this script in it?
there is no * near anything!!!

-Edit-
pppphhh.....
doesn't work with the PokemonStarterKit...

-Edit-
YAY!!! it does work!!!
thnk u guys!!!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.