Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

One player game?

Hey I'm making a game with only one hero. Therefore I wonder if anyone knows of a good One hero CMS or battlesystem that works with only one hero. I have looked through all the history in the script forum. And just wanted to tell you mods....that forum is really messy. No image links works because there is a IMG tag that destroys the link...that is not a little bit annoying. And half the download links and screen links are dead. Because of that I got a big headache now...on 32 pages I found two good scripts.

Anyway, I wonder if anybody knows of any good one hero scripts. I saw a one hero animated CMS, and that sounded cool. Until I clicked the thread and saw that the first post was empty...>_> I mean why :p And also a CBS, but I have never heard of a battle system that is created only for one character. So if anyone could help me I would appreciate it, any other better script sites maybe?

Please fix these forums, I mean how hard could it be. Why can't you make a script archive where not links to the scripts are posted...but the actual scripts?? I mean links dies after some time you know. It's very annoying to search for scripts on these forums...thanks for your help.

This thread clearly serves two purposes.

1. To ask for help
2. To complain about the scripting forums

Your not helping the messiness of any forums by confusing where roughly 3/4 of this post belongs. We do have a board for feedback on our forums, so if you'd like special attention to how you feel about the scripting forums, that would have been the correct place.

Just try to place what you need to say to where it will be most likely optimized by our moderators, it's just the best way to get your message across!

Have a good one :thumb:

Oh wait, I just realized. Not only is most of this post more suited for feedback, but your actual question doesn't belong here either. Silly me.
So yeah you basically all around put this in the wrong place.

Movin this to Script Requests, cause zeri says that's where it goes - if you really want to bring up the messiness of scripts, do it in feedback or in a PM. Thanks.

Zarnik":14xix7cx said:
Time for a bump...why do I always have to bump my threads :eek:uch:

Because when your initial post is 10% question, and 90% bitching, no one wants to deal with it so it gets ignored.

Please post your general feedback about the site in the Feedback Forum.
If you find a specific thread / post that has broken links, bad tags, whatever... that's what the "Report" button is for.
Moderators are fixing these things as we come across them.

Take a look at this menu I just made for Megalomania

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60601

It looks interesting, but where do you change the face graphic of your character in the script editor? When I test it it is missing a file. :scruff:
EDIT: I found a bug as well, after you exit the save screen. The cursor or whatever you call it is outside the screen. And another design issue, if you have no items it looks no good. You should have a status window where the item lists are...and then when you click the item button the item window appears where the status window is. To not be able to see your level or your stats kinda sucks... :smile:

It's the best one player CMS I have seen.... :cheers:
And sorry for my poor english.

Yep, if you read the instruction it tells you to place a face graphic in the Pictures folder with the same name as the character set.

If I posted this in Script Analysis for everyone to use, I would add a check for the file & probably use the character sprite if the face didn't exist. But Mega asked for face files, so I have to assume he's going to create one.
Just dump any 100x100 image in your pictures folder & name it to match the hero's character set until you get the face you want.

Or, if you want to edit where it looks for the file, or the filename, look on line 112 of Mega_Window_Status

Be Well

I could use that script you made if it had the stats in it, my suggestions is to make the status window be displayed where the item list is now. Along with the stats and the level etc. Then when you click the item button the item window appears where it is now...A CMS is pretty useless if you can't see what level or what status and stats you have.

Btw it's the best one player cms I have seen...and if you are not going to complete it. I'm still looking for one player scripts.
CMS's and CBS's :cheers:

The menu was programmed according to the game designers specifications. Apparently he doesn't care about level, status, stats. I assume he's designing his game using the KISS principle, and that those things just aren't used. It is "complete."
The reason I took the request is because he put some thought into what he wanted, and included a high level of detail in his request.

You asked for a "One player CMS." I pointed one out.

If you would like to design a specific menu system, put some thought & detail in your request. (...and I'll send you a quote!) ;)

Otherwise, you'll have to live with whatever you can find.

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.