Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

One-off donator perks

We could use a little help ~

We don't generally get sponsors any more, whatever the reason for that is something we can and will work on, but outside of that, it means I've been paying for the site to stay online for some time now. It's not too big a problem - I love the site and you guys are my friends - but I don't earn a lot and could be spending that money on game making and other things. (But then we all could).

Anyway, just a friendly reminder that we'll take any cash we can rob from you, from a dollar to a million. To secure the hosting of the site for the next few months I'd like to get a bit of cash in the coffers built up if we could, so I'm offering, on top of the usual sponsor perks, a one-off:

o Full page spread in the next issue of ARPGM, provided it's on-topic, formal, SFW and generally fits the mag: $20 (normal sponsorship cost + $5) (limited to 1)

o Full page spread in the next issue of HBGames.org the eZine, laxer rules on this but use common sense: $15 (normal sponsorship cost) (limited to 1)

o A smaller site that wouldn't normally fit in with our affiliate rules, but that is game-making related, put down as an affiliate on the homepage and forum listing footer (for as long as your site is online and relevant): $20 (normal sponsorship cost + $5) (limited to 2)

o A thank you in the next eZine: $1+ (you will not get sponsorship perks for this) (no limit)

o Should you have a further suggestion and some cash, feel free to discuss it here.

Please discuss your idea here before donating, as there are limited spots available. I wouldn't want you to donate and then get your proposal for page 3 to be a horse cock get turned down.

Awesome Bro tags still available for anyone who goes crazy ($50+ cumulative/backdated), but please don't feel it necessary.

Apologies for reaching out for money, I don't like doing it.

All money donated here will go strictly to site hosting fees and not to me or any contests. I do not have the ability to withdraw money from the site, nor would I or anybody else.

So I've been getting a lot more hours at work lately than in the past. Enough that my paychecks are almost literally double what they had averaged this time last year. So, I just donated $60 and set up a recurring $10, because for the moment I can afford both fairly easily.

Awesome. Guys don't feel need to go over the top, but we should be pretty secure now. I think it'd be much fairer on Brew if from now on we always kept a year's hosting in the coffers. Thanks everyone.

Injury

Awesome Bro

I will be donating momentarily! Anyone who donates $40 or more, I will make a custom music track on request! (min 2:30, max 3:30 MM:SS)

HBG4LIFE

Yeah. This is one of 5 websites I visit, the others being Google, Wikipedia, Netflix and, regrettably, Facebook.

You can't take it away from me! I've lost so much already...

My girlfriend is very nice and very supportive but she's also too young and has slept with too many of her friends and consumes way too many drugs for my taste. Living with my brother is like being in military school, waking up at 6, turning lights of at 10, and going to sleep at 12. I feel like I'm going to do terrible on my test next month. And I'm sick of studying.

I visit here, my local newspaper, a giant forum originally about skyscrapers but which has a forum for my city in, and Wikipedia; here most of all. and /d/

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.