Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

npc rushing

dont u hate it when a slow npc is blocking your path and u have to wait forever to move on?

well...will anyone plz make a script that...when u keep of pushing on an npc(i mean like keep walking in the npc's direction when u r blocked) they will speed up and move out of the way. i would like it so that u can choose which events can move out of the way like that.

thank you!

Jason

Awesome Bro

So, a system where, If you keep running into an NPC, he/she'll move outta the way and if you talk to them after, they say something like "Why did you push me ?"

If so, that reminds me of StarWars Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace for the PS1, That had the same system.

I'd like to see this done *cough*Seph*cough*Trickster*cough*Selwyn*

Sorry, I got a cough :)

OS

Sponsor

I remember this from the Final Fantasies. I'd try, but I'd probably brake RMXP (I am good, but not great, especially when Graphical/Event/etc. based scripts are involved). Ah, well.

Peace!

arevulopapo;151996 said:
How 'bout setting those events to "Player touch" and putting something like this in it:
move event: this event: move away from player ?

noo...i want them to move only if u push on them...if u do player touch then it would be like everyone is afraid of u or something

Nono, that's perfect, all you need is a variable like so:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7987/pushwl5.jpg[/img]

You can modify that 40 to any value you want to modify how long you need to run into them before they move. I'd probably also add in a move route event that turned the stop animation on for the player.

The only issue is if you run into a npc for a little while (not long enough for them to move), leave, then come back later, it'll take a shorter time for them to move - but I'm sure this could be resolved somehow.

Edit: Fixed that issue as well - check out the demo I made, all done just by event scripting :)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5rd9rr
The best part is that all the commands on that page can just be copied and pasted to any NPC event (just remember to make a new page and set "on hero touch" though).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.