Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Not a request, as such...

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place, so please bare with me...

I was wondering if anybody could help me find a specific already-existing script.

I used it maybe a couple of years ago. It was a custom battle system, I think it might have been time-based, but it was not an ABS or anything. I think that it was a relatively simple script... My memories of it are a little foggy, but I'll try to recall everything I can of it.

It went something like this: Along the bottom of the screen, as usual, were the stats of your actors. Above there where the sprites - not battlers, but the actual overworld sprites - of the actors, I think facing upwards, and animated to appear as if they were walking on the spot. You could, I think in the battle menu, choose a different 'formation' for the actors to stand in - what this did, I can't exactly remember... Anyway, in the database, one would replace the battlers of enemies with a desired spritesheet and, as with the actors, the enemies would then appear as these sprites in the battle, again walking on the spot. After the player had chosen an actor's action for the turn, the actor would walk over to their target (Unless it was a ranged attack, in which case they would stay where they were - I think there was some scripted way of defining if a weapon or spell was ranged or not, or possibly an Attribute) and the usual animations would play - the same would happen when an enemy attacked. There was not a required extra sprite for swinging a weapon or casting a spell or whatever, it simply showed the ordinary battle animations on the user and target. This was not an ABS, although it may sound like one; it took the player to a separate scene rather than battling on the map, and the player could not freely move the actors around, just direct them as usual and watch them attack.

I very much liked this battle script - it always seemed much more realistic and involving to me than the default one, and of course it did not require you to find or make any extra graphics. So, anybody who can make a suggestion or indeed actually find the script will be very much thanked.

I whipped up a little mock-up screenshot too, if this helps...

mockup.png

As you can probably see, when in battle, the sprites are doubled in size.

And that's about all I can remember... so thanks if you can help.

EDIT: I have looked in the past through several script lists, here and in other places, however these searches were to no avail...

ANOTHEREDIT: Aha, I just happened to find evidence which leads me to believe it is by someone by the name of Trickster. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere...

EDITYETAGAIN: And now I found exactly what it was - Trickster's Multi-View CBS, which I for the life of me cannot find anywhere at all.

Erm, I can't find any rules on how long one must wait before bumping, so I'll haphazardly do it anyway after almost 36 hours. I've worked out what the script was myself, all I really need now is somebody who possesses the script, preferably its demo, and can send it to me. However I'll be gone for a fortnight, so I'll just give forward thanks to anyone who can help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.