Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Non-Global Wait For Move's Completion script request.

CJF

I've been working on a fully automated town that lives and breaths on it's own - but I've run into a problem.

Everything worked fine on the first person I created, he gets up in the morning, goes to work, than goes home and to bed when the night rolls around. The problem came when I created the second person and I learned that Wait for Move's Completion is global.

The two characters would make huge pauses and wait for each other to complete their moves which made everything disjointed. One character would move, than wait for the second character to complete his next movement and then go into their next move.

So I used Wait instead, the only problem is now the player can step infront of the NPCs and mess up the whole thing. With Wait it just keeps going through the event untill it finally ends and suddenly I have a blacksmith standing in the middle of town selling stuff, instead of in his shop.

So I humbly request a script that creates a non-Global Wait for Move's Completion. This will allow me to have multiple people going about their day in town without having to turn on Through which kinda looks unprofessional to me.

If anyone can think of a non-script way to get this to work too, that would be great as well.

Thanks!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.