Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

no-one has to die. [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play online now

noonelogo.png

no-one has to die. is a game about decisions. You will choose who lives and who dies, and your choices will change the events of the game completely.

nmed3.png

A fire has trapped four people in the Fenix Corp. headquarters, a building full of secrets. You arrive in the building to find the security guards murdered. Now it’s up to you help everyone escape.

nmed2.png

If only it were so easy. People will die, and it will be your fault. How you choose to contain the fire will lead to people burning to death. Who dies depends on your decisions.

lionelresize.png

Lionel is the CEO of Fenix Corporation. Arrogant and selfish, he only cares about his own chances of survival. But he’s the only one that knows what Fenix Corporation truly does...

chrisresize.png

Christina is a young woman who has been working at Fenix Corporation for a few years. She is strong in the face of danger, but can’t stand to think of the lives the fire has consumed.

steveresize.png

If Steve hadn’t been working overtime when the fire began, he could have avoided the whole thing. Always one for a joke, he and Christina don’t always get along, but deep down they care about each other.

troy.png

And then there’s Troy. A murderer and an arsonist, Troy is behind everything that is happening in the Fenix Corporation. What sick game is he playing?

nmed1.png

So, who will you save? Who will die? Their lives are in your hands.

Play online now

Designed by Stuart Madafiglio. Art by Cindy Xu. Music by Jesse Valentine.

I played this and thought this was great.
I felt like I understood the plot even when it got complicated
I wasn't a huge fan of the ending pacing. It was good to have one or two sections explaining the plot but i felt that it was more infodump and it relied too heavily on steve and chris to make me care enough. I just felt as it peaked too early to deserve that end-piece.
i was glad i didnt have to restart the whole game to get a different ending though
anyways did everything in the game. Loved it

Thanks man! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The pacing towards the end(s) was a problem, but it felt like a natural result of trying to fit so much in such a small amount of time. Either way, thanks for playing :D

heh, this is great, just had the christina ending on my first playthrough.
I am really curious about the other motives though. I might retry the game and try to get the different endings.
great backstory and great mechanics, also great minimal presentation.

very very nicely executed.

replaying it now, also, the sad music is a nice touch in the last round, having to choose between steve and christina

hey, thanks man! the game's far from over after just one ending. there's a lot more to the mystery than first appears... glad you enjoyed it!

also, just making sure you realise you don't have to replay it each time - you can click on any branch of the story on the title screen and there's a skip button so you don't have to reread the dialogue.

Ok, so I did everything there was to do. Really nice.

also i think i found out where the mother's conciousness is, hehe

THINGS ARE CRAZY.

In no particular order:

Thank you to PCGamer for including no-one has to die. in your weekly Free Webgame Round-up!

Thank you to ridiculously popular LPer NorthernLion for your video!

Thank you to insanely talented IF writer Emily Short for your opinions on no-one has to die.!

Thank you to FreeIndieGam.es for yet again featuring my game!

Thank you to JayIsGames for your very generous review!

Thank you to everyone who has tweeted about the game, or done Let's Plays, or upvoted on Reddit or shared on Tumblr or posted on FaceBook, thank you to everyone who's written about the game and thank you to everyone who's sent me messages about it. If my first game this year was a dream, I don't even know what this is.

Congratulations Pokemaniac! I've played all of the endings and found the presentation of the story and the story itself very intriguing! (I had some feelz throughout the game, despite the short time I had with the people I had to help)

pipesnogger":1yh1chqd said:
Its because its a good game; you definitely earned all of your praise. Your game was a very neat experience.
^.^ It's great people think so!

MarioSuperStar":1yh1chqd said:
Congratulations Pokemaniac! I've played all of the endings and found the presentation of the story and the story itself very intriguing! (I had some feelz throughout the game, despite the short time I had with the people I had to help)
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.