Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

no battle actions

alright i cant really explain this very well so im just going to have an example of what i want this script to do.

example - my main character has to protect a child from a monster, so what i did is i made the child join the party so that i the battle i can see his HP but what i want this script to do is make it so that the child cannot act. i want it so that you only control the main character in battle, and the child just sits there, but i want the child to be able to be hit, and if the child dies its gameover.. i can do the game over part with an event, but having the child have no actions is what i need the script for..

please if anyone can help i really really need this before i can really go on with my game.. if anyone needs anymore information about it or still doesnt get what i need then ask me

thanx

If you want that, you can do it with a state. When the childs join let him get the state and make the stat so it won't be erased. The state would have the following setup:
Name: none
Animation: none
Restriction: can't move
can't get exp
uncheck release after battle and have it that it will be cured after 0 turns with 0% chance.

It's easier with this than with scripting, but maybe it isn't ^^

~The Crimson Ninja

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.