Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

new tune every other day

I will post four songs in this thread a week. Hopefully. Please criticize. Here's today's, and it's fruity as hell!

bb.xieke.com/files/The Fruity Circus.mp3

I'm using Garageband and a piano. Is it an issue with the virtual instruments themselves, the mixing, or the compression?

Through my Sennheiser studio headphones it sound pretty incredible. A tiny (very tiny) amount of white noise, but that usually makes it sound more realistic.

I would have mixed the lead/melody piano bits just a touch louder. They seem to get lost in the mix.

The drop-off at 1:48 is abrupt. I expect you arranged it that way, just sounds a little.... abrupt. (to me)

I like the arrangement. I'd use it in a game.

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.