Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Sprite need input

Hope I posted this in the right place.

This is my attempt at a character sprite. Let me know what you think.

V1
Hero.png

V2 - * made some modification
Hero-1.png

V3 - * added some contrast and tried to edit the left/right frame of the cape on one of the animations as well as changes a few colors.
th_Hero-2.png

V4 - *wanted the armor to stand out a little more but at the same time blend/fit.
Hero-3.png

The armor looks just a little pillow shaded, could probably benefit with 1 more color and/or more contrast. The yellow on the end of the cape is barely noticeable and, being meshed against the blue, looks somewhat green. The hair in the back frame looks kind of odd too, like it should taper off a little more toward the pony tail band. The side frame looks like they're wearing long pants that cover their feet, should probably add the line dividing pants and shoes.

Made a few changes as I was already thinking along those lines. Added some shade to the ponytail, took out the trim on the cape, and changed the pants to a blackish tint. Hopefully it looks better.

Kain Nobel":4wvxbjia said:
The armor looks just a little pillow shaded, could probably benefit with 1 more color and/or more contrast. The yellow on the end of the cape is barely noticeable and, being meshed against the blue, looks somewhat green. The hair in the back frame looks kind of odd too, like it should taper off a little more toward the pony tail band. The side frame looks like they're wearing long pants that cover their feet, should probably add the line dividing pants and shoes.

V3 actually has less contrast, I think you de-saturated it but that's not the same as adding contrast. A lot of rtp sprites these days are de-saturated, in my opinion color adds more pop although if done well some de-saturation might help the sprite look a little more realistic.

Your sprite looks like it would fit perfectly in a 2k3 game, great job!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.