Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New games section, resource gallery, and artwork gallery

Three new areas have either opened or been redesigned.

Completed Games Section
viewforum.php?f=77

Completed games now appear graphically rather than as a forum. Each game shows a little image (if available), title, author, release date, number of comments, and the engine it was made in (if available).

Game Logo

Games have a game logo, Steam sized.

77051.png

(230 x 88px, must be "SFW")

For now I'm just editing them in, but if you don't like the one I've made for you, or if you just want to make your own or don't have one yet, please let me know and send me a new image, and the topic number of your thread (or just a link to it).

Engine

Engine just shows the topic icon, for example:

rmxp.gif

Sort Order

You can sort topics using five options:

• Newest first (sorted by last reply)
  • Most talkative (sorted by number of replies)
  • Most viewed (sorted by number of views)
  • Alphabetically
  • Author A-Z

Use the green buttons to do this.

button_newestfirst.png
button_mostviewed.png

Resources Gallery

The resources section (viewforum.php?f=279) now uses a gallery similar to the games arcade. It gets a thumbnail image from the first PNG image in the post.

Pretty self-explanatory hopefully.

You can still sort into various categories as appropriate.

Artwork Gallery

We have a new artwork gallery: viewforum.php?f=324

This is identical to the resource gallery except artwork posted here isn't expected to be used in other games, it's merely for comments and critique, and artwork doesn't have to be game related at all.

Fixed the galleries - the games pages never rolled over to page 2 so I never noticed it considered "first post" to be the first post of any page. Had to do some codin' to make it only apply to the actual first post.

Okay I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I love the new "Completed Games" layout. What I love even more though is that the icon for my last game has a nice zoom in on the main characters crotch.
77333.png

edit - oh no. some of my older projects need to be reuploaded on a non megaupload site

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.