Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Game: Bunch of Script Requsts/Questions

((Not sure how to use that template with my post, since I have multiple questions)

I've been doing a lot of browsing through scripts, and I have found that there are multiple ones of each and I'm not sure on what to use.
Also, if you guys could toss out some suggestions for me for was what I could do... that would be awesome as well!

So first off, I'm not sure what battle system I wish to use. The traditional one would do the job quite well, and the only reason I like it is because the pictures can be more realistic looking and not as cartoony.
The other systems I like better, because it gives you a better feel of what's going on in the battle and it's much more visually pleasing. The only problem with them, is that I cannot find sprites for the monsters. I found a few for characters... but not enough to make a full game with tons of monsters. Help with that would be great, since I'm more leaning towards using a side-look RBS.

Character Selection. How would I go about doing this? Where, along the way, you can meet new characters and have them join up in your party, but you can only have 3-4 characters in the party. Then, at certain points (in town, on the world map) you can switch between characters.
Either this, or I'm going to have several characters set up, and at the beginning of a New Game, you have to choose 3-4 of them and can never re-choose. How would I do this? Making a map with all of the characters on it, and then once you talk to 3-4 of them and select "Yes" to them that you begin the game?

The Master Template. Had it twice... can't find it now. It's the template that has just about everything in it as far as the tiles go.

Limit breaks? This would be a great addition to the game, but I couldn't find a limit break script for XP, only VX. Something similar to how FFVII was, where you would gain a new limit break after (X) amount of time or levels. ((I know in FFVII it went by how many times you used the previous one and how many monsters you killed, but just leveling is fine for me))

I think that's all I really need to get my game going. Help would be most appreciated! Thanks again!

-Talon

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.