Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Death type script needed

I need a different type of death the deafult one doesn't stick with my game and sometimes i even hate it so i'm going to request it.

First of all this script is sort of world of warcraft one, what i mean by that is that when you are in battle and all your team die (if not a certian a switch is on for bosses) the first player the leader will change his character to show as a ghost.

Now the hardest part.
When you are a ghost you get teleported to the nearest town.

There are two ways to get alive:

1] Is when you die and become a ghost a "spirit" or call something else can be seen near the tombs(in my game every town will have sort of graveyard for this purpose).
When you talk to it by giving money you can "revive" but the cost becomes higher depending on the number of deaths. The more you die the more it will cost you, if you die a number of times(this can be customized) you will even get a status alignment when you "revive" back as a penalty of the many times you died.
And this is the same the more you die the more the status become worse.

(Note that the gold is still going to be paid while you "revive" back but it will give a better look with the status alignment.

2] Now this will be shorter.

This option will be the most one everyone would use but wait before chosing this option.

When you are a ghost you can wander around but can't interact with anyone, you can revive by going were you died and there will show your body with the down pose(the one when you die).
When you get near it you can press on the body and "revive" back, now you won't be full health you will start with 5% of ma hp,sp so if you revive near strong monsters you would better wake up with the help of the spirit or to not walk it all the way back.

This ones doesn't have penalties if you wake up more then once this way this what it makes it better.

Thank you for anyone reading all of this and help me so thanks in advance. :thumb:

And btw i heared that sephiroth made a gameover to inn script my idea can be made from it. I forgot to say that the script must not be SDK compatible since i don't use it and will waste your time.

Most of what you've got here can be done with eventing. Maybe if you had a script to take you to a map, you'd be able to do the rest yourself. Moreover, you need to, because only you know the georaphy of you world to be able to take the player to the nearest graveyard.

But i don't have the script the one by sephiroth is with sdk that i don't use and the other one gameover to heaven that is on this forum i can't understand it well so if you've got any suggestion's tell me

Just don't use the random encounter setting on the map properties. Set every single encounter with a lose condition. If everyone dies change their graphic into ghost or whatever you want them to be.

For the nearest graveyard, just use switch and toggle them at borders or anywhere.

But i won't have only one starting place so it would be a whole mess and i posted in the script request so i want it in script.

And i'm not good at eventing that much to make this type of death i need.

If you are not good at eventing then get good at it!
You cant just go putting in scripts for every single aspect of your game. If theres more than one starting place, when you enter that area switch the transport location. I suggest you grind out the rmxp eventing manual and then see if you need eventing for everything.

I posted it here because there's already a script similar to my request i just want someone to edit it or tell me how i can make it like i want.

I would use sephiroth's one but it uses sdk so i can't use it and the newly posted one i couldn't understand how i can choose were to teleport in the script for every place visited.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.