Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NetVX, Version 2!!! new systems!!

Introduction
that script just let you make online games!
This version allow you some new stuff like
saving switches and saving character positions,
global balloons and animations preview.
it's very cool to have such system :)
from now you don't need to use save files
or mess up with saving quest or client-based autosave
all of the player data including switches is being saved!!!
NetVX allow you use animations with other players and
make the game more dynamic and fun!

Features
- Login
- Message of the Day
- The Registration but it's not completed so this version won't include it.
- Seeing Other People
- Emotion by Key system.
- Global Emotions/Balloons system
- Names over heads
- Naming NPCs System.
- Extended Tuutorial
- Chat (admins text colored in red)
- Admin Detection System
- Minimap System
- Disposing Sprites
- SBS!
- Global animation (if you use "player animation" through event it will also work!)
- Save switches to database!
- Save Characters to database including x,y,mapid,level,exp,hp,mp and much more!
- Fixed Menu System
- Fixed Sprint!
- Visual Equipments ( Paperdoll ) and GLOBALIZED!
- Better send system, sends information to map and not to all!
- Dynamic Upate System.
- Fixed Login System.
- Couple of test maps to show the goods of it :)

Version 2 Download:
Media Fire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?34zj0rqmlmm -> MediaFire
Rapidshare.de:
http://rapidshare.de/files/41316489/NetVX_Version__2.rar.html -> Rapidshare
Short Insturctions for exprienced people :
Read in the "Guides" Folder.

Screenshots:
nvxscreenieun5.png

Bug List:
- Registration not done.
Credits:
NP+ 1.7 Team: Stole some of thier work but most of this system
is made by me :]
Enelvon: Helping me making chat and some other stuff.
Tenkentai Dude for the SBS System.
Wortana for the Minimap.

Next Version Plan:
- Saving Variables.
- Saving Inventory.
- Using Partys and Guilds
- Using partys to fight monsters in the SBS! (leader based)

Report if any other bugs found.

Hi,

i want to use your Script. I just can say: nice work! Can tell me a date, when your script is finaly finsihed? (When the Bugs are fixed!)

Serj

Serj Tankian":22hdsiud said:
Hi,

i want to use your Script. I just can say: nice work! Can tell me a date, when your script is finaly finsihed? (When the Bugs are fixed!)

Serj
Tommrow im going to release the new version..

so i keep getting this error everytime i try to test play.

Script 'TCPSocket' line 44: type Error occurred.
nil is not a symbol

help me out

Ok, I'll waiting until the Registration is done. Can you fight against other peoples? This feature is for me important. :box:
Whe you finish the script, I'll hope i can make a nice MMORPG :biggrin:

Serj

Tdata

Sponsor

Might I make a suggestion. Make the game's database Info be part of the database. I can see someone decrypting the game and changing the prices and the like for just their client. Also, some sort of command console would be nice... World Events would be interesting. Example: Typing in %gm weather rain 9 all to get rain on all OutDoor maps.

For those who want the registration page to work, copy the <?php ?> Info into a new page called reg.php...

@Tdata: thank you for reminding me i renamed the registration file lol, hmm about the
Database to Server Database I think i'll make it next version.

:angel: This is holy. Remembers me I have a system exactly like tis on XP. I'm making a game with it right now. Better getr started soon with my new VX project. Btw, when I can't register, how can I login...?

godden

I completed the setup. It took a little while to sort everything out, but the local tests seem to run ok. The C:\wamp\www folder contains index.php and reg (Dont name the file reg.php it already has the extension. The webpage looks for http://yourIP/reg.php
and it allowed me to register and use it correctly.

Note: I didn't have much time to check it out yet, but the exp was not saving. The HP, Location did work, but not exp.

so i keep getting this error everytime i try to test play.

Script 'TCPSocket' line 44: type Error occurred.
nil is not a symbol

help me out

I came across this error at first also. I believe it was caused by the SQL server and the game server both running on the same port. I use 3306 for the SQL server and 3307 for the game and it connects. The Netserver folder has the confinguration file set to 3307. It was also listed in another place I believe.

Hmm, nil means the client couldn't connect the server.
Incase you have router open port 3307 (the port you said you used in the server).
then it'll work out fine :)

@axules: true, that why we have VPS and Dedicated Server where you can host your game
VPS costs 18$ Per Month in SWVPS I recommend that, its possible to host like 60~70 members with this :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.