Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Netplay+ Ruby Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided since requesting a new server isn't going anywhere, I'll try requesting an edit of the old server.

Netplay+ Ruby Server

I basically need the server editting the hell out of.

I want to:

1. Remove maps being stored on the server
It causes too many errors, it's simpler to store them on the player's PC

2. Remove any things this causes not to work :)

3. Make it 100% compatable with my game

The problem is that I do not know how the server works, and cannot pick up Ruby code such as this very well. It all confuses me lots.

3. Make it 100% compatable with my game

This is probably the most difficult of them, being that the server is for Netplay+ 2.0, and my game is Netplay+ 1.6.3. Now, that's why I need it changing of course. I need one of the two (my game or the server) editting to be compatable.

I can share a copy of my scripts file, but beware that if you release it to the public I will hunt you down and shoot you after ripping off your appendages and stuffing them down your own throat, and ripping out your eyeballs from their sockets so that you can watch; and the scripts in my game will probably kill you as they are so horribly coded and mostly unfinished.

Teh Payment

I don't know what I could pay for this. I have money saved up, but it is an edit of someone else's work who did not get paid for it.

Credit of course will be given.

If there is anything vitally important missing from here, please let me know.

Netplay+ 1.6.3 and the Netplay+ 2.0 server are found in The Netplay Plus Master Thread in the projects forum.

I'll do it. Happily. I'll need to see the game files though.

As for money, whatever you can send me over paypal is fine. However, don't send it till after I finish helping you, so you know i'm not scamming you. Sound good?

I take your advice , On Step 4 . when I Open the Internet Browser and enter this site (my site) : http://my.IP/phpmyadmin/ (or http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/). I creat new database and call it Netplay, dont password protect it and dont try to mess up with the passwords! the game wont work.. now Import this file : NP+ Ruby Server/Library/sqlfile.txt, then Choose Export, scroll down and choose Go, dont messup with the options!.
now open Internet Explorer again and enter this site : http://Your.IP/npp/ (or http://127.0.0.1/npp/)

But...........the registration screen not show up.It show "No data selects" . I dont Understant why it dont work . Help me on step 4 . Thanks you very much

@Shiroun: Thanks for the reply. Do you have any links to past RGSS work, or anything like that? (I just want to make sure I'm not just paying someone to steal from my project, you never know with the Internet).

@Caubehattieu: First of all, this topic is in no way a Netplay+ support topic... it is my request topic for a request I am making. Secondly, you have already sent me this question via e-mail. And thirdly, I did not even make, or post, that tutorial...

I'm currently scripting for a project called Hero Rental.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=32399.0
and have been doing multiple scripts for the project.

Such as:
Converting the (codecs) into a scripting process to reduce lag. (done)
A check-and-deny system (WIP)
A TBS (this thing is a bitch...) (WIP)
and A Lag Depletion Script (double frames thing to speed it up, it's weird).
a Skill system for level basing (due to 1 character)

an example of my work:
this is a rather simplified piece of the skill system:

Code:
module RPG
  Skill_Uses = {3 => 6, 16 => 3, 1 => 10}
  class Skill
    attr_accessor :available_uses
  end
  def self.init_usage_skills
 #   $data_skills.each { |skill| skill.available_uses = -1 }
 #   Skill_Uses.each { |skill_id, uses| $data_skills[skill_id].available_uses = uses }
  end
end
class Scene_Title
  alias_method :shir_finiteskill_main, :main
  def main
    RPG::init_usage_skills
    shir_finiteskill_main
  end
end

I'll define every line for proof of my skills:
Code:
module RPG
<--- defines the WHOLE THING, without this it is a blunt script, won't take any effect.

Code:
  Skill_Uses = {3 => 6, 16 => 3, 1 => 10}
<--- Amount of maximum uses for a skill, I'll probably delete this because this basically means that you can use skill 3 - 6 times, 16 - 3 times and skill, etc.

Code:
  class Skill
defines what it is.
Code:
     attr_accessor :available_uses
<-- allows modifications to this
Code:
  end
... duh.
Code:
class Scene_Title
Another class, this is the initialization.
Code:
   alias_method :shir_finiteskill_main, :main
another modification allowance, can't really explain.

Code:
  def main
    RPG::init_usage_skills
    shir_finiteskill_main
<--- Define the starter (main, all i have to do is command_main or main, and it will load it, this may be a conflict though)
then RPG::init_usage_skill calls  Skill_Uses = {3 => 6, 16 => 3, 1 => 10}
then the final line calls -- oh crap thats in another part of the script, nevermind that.

Code:
   end
end
...duh...

Also, I will hard-delete all files of your game once i have completed helping you, sound good?

As for pay: how does about $17 sound? Once I'm done helping you ofc. If it is a simple modification, all I'll ask for is a few dollars, or maybe a copy of your game ;P.

however i doubt it is a simple mod. Please tell me if the above price is to high for you, we can work something out.

At any rate, Cow'll see you later.

Note: Anyone who contradicts what I wrote (Except maybe khmp), I have a special modification script that defines all this, so your wrong ;P

It isn't a very easy modification as I wasn't able to do it myself.

I've made a cut-down version of my game (removed the maps and most of the graphics, etc) as it's rather large in size. I've left all the scripts intact, though I must warn you my scripting tends to be a bit... rubbish, so there's things all over the place doing different things.

Don't worry if you can't do this, it is a pretty big request.

I was actually thinking more than $17, but see what you think when you've had a go. Oh and a copy of the game of course, if I do sell it.

I didn't make that turorial, and this is the wrong thread...

Anyway.

Sorry, I'm having trouble uploading my game to the 'net. It's too big, even with the graphics taken out of it, and I have no idea why. Megaupload or like are not an option as then anyone has access to them. I'll let you know if I get it up.

I had a brainwave though. Is there anyway to connect to a MySQL database using LUA? Because with the C++ server (the one I want remaking in Ruby) you can add things in using LUA. If there was some way of connecting to a MySQL database with it, that would solve some of the problems I have with the server.

Unfortunately I know nothing of the LUA programming language.

==================================================================

Edit: 27th Dec 07

I spent days going through the server line by line and am still stumped by it, but I have thought of a better way - the Lua as I said. I have made a design document, if anyone is interested in helping please visit:

www.vengeance-rpg.co.nr/lua.htm

Note - I highly doubt i can contribute-

are you talking about something like the old MultiNetplay server? i still have a copy of it from MultiNetplay(99q) its a nice little piece of user friendly software, i could never figure out any of the mySQL php crap to get netplay+ 2 working i'm completely coding illiterate.

all i know is that seems wayeasier to manage your game

Id be Happy to Help! I Have been scripting for about 2 years and i think i could actually finish this job! I Could probally get it done in about a week or two matters how busy i get... But Dont worry about the money im just bored so i will help you out!

EDIT: OH oops i didnt see someone already posted to take the job... Mind if I try at it anyway?

EDIT EDIT: Sorry Mods didnt mean to necropost! I didnt check the date of the topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.