Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS Ideea

I just wondering if is possible to appear the dead body of the creature after you kill him so you can check or examine the body and so on... because in my game I want to find multiple items from a body.

If you set the 'trigger' comment to 'Trigger 1 V', where V is the ID of a switch, then when the monster dies, that switch will be turned on. Then, make a new event page in the monster's event, and set the conditions so that it appears when switch V is on. Make the Sprite that of the dead monster, and make it so that on action button, a message comes up saying You have examined the body and found 20 Gold or whatever. That should work.
:)
-reason2breathe

Taylor

Sponsor

You'll also need to do this for every enemy, and make sure it's a different switch each time - otherwise many enemies will die from killing one. In this case it's probably much less time consuming to use Self-Switches. That's assuming the NeoABS still has the self-switches on death feature.

Does it? Oh cool. How do you use them? And as you seem quite good with it, could you explain how to make it so that when each player is standing on a different button, a door opens? Like in the demo. I have no scripting knowledge, so i don't know what all the scripts Mr Mo is calling are doing...

Thank you for the information. But when I encounter an enemy, can I see his life bar in the upper side of screen like in Gothic series? and one more: I want to learn to sneak or run in game... many thanks again...

Jonathan":1d47xosw said:
Does it? Oh cool. How do you use them? And as you seem quite good with it, could you explain how to make it so that when each player is standing on a different button, a door opens? Like in the demo. I have no scripting knowledge, so i don't know what all the scripts Mr Mo is calling are doing...

Self Switch triggers are explained in the script comments, read them.
The door thing... that's simple event commands.

Thank you for the information. But when I encounter an enemy, can I see his life bar in the upper side of screen like in Gothic series? and one more: I want to learn to sneak or run in game... many thanks again...

I've never played the gothic series, but you would have to change the coordinates of the enemies' HP bar.
Sneaking and running are already in the script...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.