Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Needs a special script (or 3)

SFox

I am not sure if these scripts rerquests can be compiled into one script, but here goes:

however before I say the script idea, I'll explain what is in the game so far, and what I want...

I am using the latest SDK script, along with these scripts:
Near Fantastica?s Non SDK Advanced Time System Version 1
Guillaume777?s Non SDK Multi-Slot Equipment Version 6.2.1
Syvkal?s Non SDK Agility Based Battle Version 1.1
Near Fantastica?s SDK compliant Keyboard Input Module Version 1
Trickster?s SDK compliant Actor and Class Stat Growth Version 1.3.1

In the game there are 10 classes. Those classes are: Untrained Human, Fighter, Lancer, Warrior, Thief, Hunter, Gunner, Cleric, Mage and lastly Dragon

I'm also using RTP characters for all the classes and graphics

Now, what I am after is this:

What I want to happen is not that long into the game the player must choose the main character to become a Thief for example. As soon as her training is completed, the main menu screen should show that she is of the thief class, and that 5 years and 3 months have passed on the clock, and she already has 2 Bronze Daggers, a Bronze helm and a bronze plate of armour automatically equipped, in the equip menu.
Now, before the character learns how to control her Dragonic power, (Which will be later in the game) if she gets defeated in an encounter (No enemies are shown on the screen for the character to bump into) she gets healed and changes into her Dragonic form (class) along with the right weapons and armour already equipped. (EG 2 Dragon claws for weapons, Dragon scales for armour, Dragon horn (on the head) for the helm). The health of the enemy to remain the same when she changes into the dragon, so that there are no breaks within the battle, so if the enemy has 500 health out of 2000 health then when she fights in her dragon form, the enemy has 500 health and not 2000 health. If she looses again, it is game over, but if she wins then after the battle she reverts back to a thief, along with the right weapons equipped. (Which were the ones she had equipped before she lost the battle)
And when she learns to control her dragonic powers, she is able to change into a dragon at will, (By the player pressing EG Q on the keyboard). And again, when she changes the graphic changes as does the class, weapons and armour. (EG 2 Dragon claws for weapons, Dragon scales for armour, Dragon horn for the helm) And her thief weapons and armour are not in the inventory
If she gets into a battle, and looses, it is game over, and when she reverts back, she has the weapons she already had equipped before she changed into a dragon already equipped, and the dragon weapons are not in her inventory.

So basically the first script, or frst part of the script is to allow the player to schoose from the main classes. (Thief, Fighter and so on), and 5 years and 3 months have passed then you'll regain control of your character.

The second script or second part is the one that is activated only when a certain switch is ON. This script (Or part of) causes the character to change into the Dragon class, fully equipped with weapons, (The old class weapons are de-equipped and removed from inventory.)
I'm hoping that this change happens while still in the battle screne, so that the enemy?s health stays the same. (When the change happens, the screen goes black, then a silhouette of the dragon form is to appear on the screen for a second then the screen returns to normal, and the character is now a Dragon) (I've already got the graphic for that part) However if this is unable to happen within the battle screen, then the character is to fight the same enemy at the exact point the character lost, so if the enemy has 500 health remaining out of 2000, then the enemy still has 500 health, and not 2000 health when the dragonised character fights.
If the character is defeated again, It?s game over.
But if and when the character defeats the enemy, the character changes back to the previous class (EG Thief) she was before the character becomes the new class (Dragon). The weapons and armour the character had equipped before the change is re-equipped, while the weapons the character had when transformed, are not in the inventory.
That part does not have to be in the battle screen

Now, for the thirst script or part of the script...
There are differences, and I?ll explain them.
When a new certain switch (EG Controlled power) is ON, whenever the player presses a key on the keyboard, (EG. Q), the character changes into their Dragon class, along with the Weapons and Armour of the said class. This time, when the character gets defeated in battle the game is over. And the player can not change in the middle of the battle, unlike the second script. And unlike with the second script, when the character changes class, the weapons of the old class are not in the inventory.

now, I?ve tried doing this with variables and common events, but it does not work exactly like I want it to, so hopefully the scripts should be able to do that.

please let me know if that can be done...

sarana

To show she is a thief in the menu is automatic once you change her class to thief using the event command.

I'm not quite sure about the 5 years passing but I believe there aren't any functions to pass time in nears time system. You could change your time system or if you don't have a clock showing the time, you could just say 5 years have passed without really changing the time.

To change her into a dragon, you could have a condition in each monster group that if your first hero dies, she is taken out of the team and you add another hero to the team, your dragon, with everything already equipped.

To change her back into a thief, you can't use the normal battle system of RMXP or your character couldn't be turned back into a human. Use a parallel processe event that decides randomly when you are attacked by a monster and what kind of monster it is. Use a start battle command and after it, check if the dragon is in the team. If yes, take it out with its claws, etc. and replace it by your thief which you might want to heal.

To change her into a dragon later into the game, I don't know how to do it with a key but you could use a skill that you make her learn and that calls a parallel process event to take her out of the team and add the dragon.

I used the thief example but you could use something else, like if you speak to a certain person you'll become a warrior, etc, it would work the same.

There is probably an easier way with scripting but I don't know RGSS very well...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.