Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need scripts for my game.

I need the following scripts:

-Active Time Batle (Like in Final Fantasy 4 to Final Fantasy 9.)
-A simple caterpillar script (Doesn't do anything else.)
-A script that makes the world map loop (Just the world map, no other maps.)

AdditionalPylons":dgxvrwva said:
I already have scripts for putting portraits in message boxes, I need a script to put them in the MENU.
I'm fairly sure that there's a script already made that adds this feature. If there isn't, I'd be surprised!

AdditionalPylons":1i8qpn72 said:
Well, lambchop's vehicle system doesn't have an airship,

Isn't a dragon 'close enough for all practical purposes*'?  Just replace the dragon graphic with an airship graphic, and you're "In, like Flint!"

*"Close enough for all practical purposes" was defined by my grade 11 math teacher thusly:
Line all the boys up on one side of the room, and all the girls on the other side. At even intervals, halve the distance between them. In theory, they will never meet. However, they will become 'close enough for all practical purposes'."

Okay, how do I set terrain types?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out how to set terrain types.

EDIT: Uh, I have a problem. A second airship appears on the ground when I board it.

EDIT: Serious problem here. If I fly my airship over an event, it doesn't ignore the event. (Example: If I fly my airship over a town, the transfer event will send me to to the town map. And I'm still flying my airship in the town.) Someone, please help!

AdditionalPylons":17iog4yr said:
EDIT: Uh, I have a problem. A second airship appears on the ground when I board it.

You must have set something up goofy. If you want to upload your project, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Serious problem here. If I fly my airship over an event, it doesn't ignore the event. (Example: If I fly my airship over a town, the transfer event will send me to to the town map. And I'm still flying my airship in the town.) Someone, please help!

I had this happen with DerVVulfman's enhanced version. But it only happened with a couple of events that were on a passable terrain type.
What I did for those events was make a 2nd event page, with the condition:
Switch  0035: using dragon  is ON
with no event commands.

You have to use the switch that you are using for the dragon. (mine was 35)

You might want to consider using DerVVulfman's version, if you're not already.
He has made some nice enhancements & fixes to the system.

Either way, let me know when it's uploaded & we'll have a look-see.

Be Well

Alright, here it is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MS30BFTB

There's a transfer event a little southeast of the starting position. It's on the bridge.

Also, this is off topic, but I made events on the bridge, you have to fight two enemies when you walk between them, I made two identical events that trigger the battle. It goes away once you win the fight, but the other event doesn't. Well, you'll see what I'm talking about soon enough.

On line 557, all the way down at the end of the line, change the switch from '3' to '25'

For each row of events (2 goblins, 2 triggers), you only need to use one 'dead_goblin' switch.

Set all 4 'page 2' conditions to use the same switch, and in both trigger events after battle
set that switch to ON.

Be Well

Thanks! It works perfectly now! If I ever have any more problems, I think I know who to go to!

Brewmeister =  :ssj:

FACT

EDIT: WorkED perfectly. I don't want to be able to land in forests, but I still want to be able to walk through them. Help?

What did you do between those 2 posts?  Whatever is was, undo it.

Look in the script around line 555

On the line for the airship, under "Undock", you'll see a [5].
This is the terrain type that the vehicle cannot land on.

Now look down a few lines for "PASSABLE_TERRAIN = [0, 5]

These are the terrain types you can walk on.

So, if you set your forest terrain type to 5, you can walk through it, but you can't land on it.
(I would also set the 'bush' flag, since it looks kind of weird walking on top of the trees.)

Be well

Alright, I got the airship to work right again, but I can still land in forests. I set the terrain tag for forests to 5, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Here's the configurations from the script. Maybe you can find something wrong with it.

#======================================================================
    #                        ** CONFIGURATION **                        #

#            Name        Graphic        Music              SE                      Ter.    Undock  Spd  Ev-Blk    Enc    Step    HQ Coords.                    Sw 
VEHICLES = [ ["s_canoe",  ["canoe"],      ["047-Positive05"], nil,                    [3,4],  nil,    3,    true,    true,  true,  nil,                          4],
            ["boat",    ["boat"],      ["046-Positive04"], ["008-Wave01"],        [4],    nil,    4,    true,    false,  true,  [4, 10, 4, 8, false, true],  2],
            ["airship",  ["airship"], ["138_-_the_second_act"], nil,                nil,    [5],    6,    false,    false,  false,  [19, 9, 10, 4, true, false],  25],
            ["canoe",    ["canoe"],      ["047-Positive05"], nil,                    [3],    nil,    3,    true,    true,  true,  nil,                          1] ]

# Terrain ID(s_ for on-foot travel           
PASSABLE_TERRAIN  = [0, 1]

# Landing Error SFX
LAND_SFT          =  nil

# Keys used to board or exit a vehicle
V_BOARD_KEY      = Input::A
V_EXIT_KEY        = Input::A
V_HQ_KEY          = Input::B

#                      ** END OF CONFIGURATION **                    #

You have Undock set to [5], so you should not be able to land on a terrain of 5.
Did you set the terrain for the forest autotile in the top row of the tileset?
You also have 2 redundant copies of the same forest in the tileset, make sure you set
them both.

Now, if you want to walk in the forest, make sure you add 5 back to the PASSABLE_TERRAIN array.

Oh, and inside your spoiler tags in your post, put code tags. It will make it easier to read.
[ spoiler ][ code ]  your code  [ /code ][ /spoiler ]      (without the spaces, of course)

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.