Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need script for larger icons.

I would like a script that will allow me to use icons larger than 24x24. Just like "Theory's Greater Icons", I tried that script but I could not get it to work for me. I want my game to have a good icon set, there are not enough default icons for me to make a game with. I am also no good at pixel art so I had to find an icon set. I found a great icon set by Alis on Deviant Art but the icons are 34x34. I tried making them smaller but the quality loss was too great. So my only option is a custom script that lets me use icons larger than 24x24. I could find no script that did what I want besides "Theory's Greater Icons". So I had no choice but no request a script.

All i had to do is look in the scripts already there and find where it's set at 24 for them and set it larger, that's all i did..
Not sure where exactly though, i gotta look.. when i find the answer i will let you know, but you really don't need a script just change some stuff already there.

Yes, you do. You need quite a bit more than just changing one place. The default line height is 32, and icons are drawn onto it and aligned under the assumption that they are 24x24. Sure, they will still draw, but they will be cutoff, overlap with text, not be centered, etc. everywhere that they are drawn. The edit to do it correctly is very simple, but it needs done on a lot of windows.

ForeverZer0":3o8yqrhr said:
Yes, you do. You need quite a bit more than just changing one place. The default line height is 32, and icons are drawn onto it and aligned under the assumption that they are 24x24. Sure, they will still draw, but they will be cutoff, overlap with text, not be centered, etc. everywhere that they are drawn. The edit to do it correctly is very simple, but it needs done on a lot of windows.
Could you please tell me how I could do this? I do not know how to wright script so I will need a step by step tutorial. I really want to use these icons for my game.

its actually a pain in the *** to change icon size, because the size is hardcoded and heavily relied on in sooo many places. My script took many revisions to get it right, and there are still things that could be better. It didn't work for you? What was the error?

Glitchfinder":2qnb81yn said:
Since I know that theory's script works, and I know that the original demo is missing from his post, and that the script in his post is corrupted, here's a copy of his demo. I just tested this myself, and it worked just fine.

Download Me!
Thank you, the demo worked just fine but when I tried to copy the script from the demo to my game it did not. I made a blank project and tested it just to be sure. I'm not sure what the problem is. The icon is getting cut-off at x24. Only the top left part of the Icon shows. Does this script need one of Theory's other scripts to run? I noticed that the demo had 4 custom scripts added to it.

Could someone please help me with this? I know it's just an icon script but I really want unique icons for my game and I have no pixel art skills. To use the icons that i have I will need some kind of script to allow for larger icons. I do not know what to do, I am new to scripting and I have followed the instructions. When I try to add my icons to the demo it appears no differently than without the script however the icons that come with the demo work fine. Is there something am I missing a step or something? I really have no idea what to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermind I solved the problem :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.