Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need old BoF Battle System scripts broken down

So I'm trying to make sure I get the form for this down correctly... please bare with my ignorance.

Requesting breakdown of BoF Battle System Scripts
This is a request to either edit the above script or simply title the specific enties, so my scripter can figure out which entries do what. I included a link to it below.

Breath of fire: Battle system_azrith001 styleb]
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41966

So the above script was translated from japanese however the translator unfortunately didn't know the definition of the word user friendly. All of the individual script entires are untitled. My scripter is having a problem making heads or tails of it. If there is an updated version of it or if any kind scripter would please take a look at the script and help us determine exactly what does what I'd be eternally greatful.

Here is why I need this script. As far as I can tell it is the only 45 degree angle battle system out there. If there are others I have not seen them. I'm making a suikoden game and really the 45 degree angle view is exactly the system we need. Unfortunately, we need to make some changes.

We need to:
-remove the ATB system and restore the turnbased system. This means we'll also need to re-enable the standard [fight or escape] option at the begining of the fight as well
-add a script for multiple person combination attacks
-extra equipment slots
-equipment based skills
-large party
-upgradeable weapons
-zenith tactical battle system
-possibly more

As we are just establishing our battle system we are unsure of exactly which other scripts we need right now but I'd be more than happy to look into it and get right back to you. Any help would be grately appreciated

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.