Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need help with in battle animation!!!!

Ok, I am using RMXP. i found a code for the side view battles, but when i use it, the enemy is just a small sprite. i want to use the artwork for the monsters, but still want the side view battles (like in the final fantasy games). any help is greatly appreciated!!! :biggrin:

Jason

Awesome Bro

Okay, so I used this script made by Rye a while back when I made a Final Fantasy game myself,

Okay here's a download link for it (.txt),
http://www.box.net/shared/hatrtfp3mr

How to use;

Just place it above Main as usual and you're ready to go.
You can change the size of your characters by altering line 49, which is;

CHAR_ZOOM = 1.8

The default is 1, but 1.8 looks better in my opinion

If you have a script that allows you to have more people in your party (ie. 5), then edit line 45, which is;

Party_max = 4

The default is 4 (Well duh, lol)

It has visual weapons, in a way, by this I mean, when your character attacks, their weapon is the icon used for it, so for example, if you change the picture of Bronze Sword to an Apple, and then attack, your character will attack with an Apple, lol.

Pretty easy, eh ?

Have fun.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.