Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need help on this quest Log

Im using Jaberwocky's Quest Log

I already set up the Active Quests/Completed Quests Lists....

Everything works except for the fact that i dont know the command to turn the quests off and make them dissapear from the list.....i also dont know how to change the icons from red to green for the tasks under the objective.

If anybody is familiar with the script or could help that would be HUGE.

Thank you.

Here is the thread for the Script....

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?p=163308

I believe this should go in RGSS Support section...

Ah wells. So you know to turn quest #1 on you just do
Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[1][0] = true

That's basically, in quest log 1, you turn quest #1 on and the other objectives are false.

Let's say you have 2 objectives. After you finish the first one, to turn it green you put this in a call script event:
Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[1][1] = true

This means, quest log 1, quest #1, objective one true, everything else false.
And for the second,
Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[1][2] = true

Once you've gotten all the objectives done, to get rid of the quest on the first log (Quests in Progress) and put it on the second (Finished Quests) you script in an event:
Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[1][0] = false
$game_temp.qupdate2[1][0] = true

Hopefully you got all that. Umm... here's a

Recap
Code:
$game_temp.[B][COLOR=Red]qupdate[/COLOR][/B][1][0] = true

The qupdate means, if it's just "qupdate" it's quest log 1, if it's "qupdate2" it's quest log 2. You can make more quest logs, but I don't really see the point unless you want to make an "Available Quests" list.

Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[B][COLOR=Red][1][/COLOR][/B][0] = true

The first number in brackets indicates the quest #. Quest #1, [1]. Quest #2, [2], and etc.

Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[1][B][COLOR=Red][0][/COLOR][/B] = true

The second number in brackets is the quest objective. 0 means all objectives are false; 1 means the first objective is completed, others aren't, and on.

Code:
$game_temp.qupdate[1][0] = [B][COLOR=Red]true[/COLOR][/B]

True or false; whether you want the quest to appear on the list or not.

There ends my explanation... not sure if you got all that... good luck :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.