Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need enemy attack = % chance of status ailment

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could make a script that allows an enemy basic attack to have a certain percentage of inflicting a status ailment like poison,paralyze, etc. on top of doing damage instead of having to make a different skill for each one, I've looked for over two hours for such a script and could not find one, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The Wizard

If no one takes this, what you could do is go into the database and make a new spell with the status effect that you want. Name it whatever you want (ie: "Attack", "Claw", "Punch"). Set the animations for an attack animation, and the SP cost to 0. Then, go into your enemy tab and click on whatever enemy you want to have that effect. On the very bottom of the screen, there will be a list of the monster's abilities. Delete "Attack" and replace it with your new spell.

It will technically be a spell (and will be calculated as such), but it will appear to be an attack.

The downside to this approach is that, as I said, it will still be a spell and will be affected by magic resistance, etc., rather than normal evasion and defense, but at least this will get you going if no one else fields this request.

P.S. Sorry, but I am terrible at scripting, or else I would do it for you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.