Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Near's ABS with attacking sprites.

Hello there, I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I wanted to know if I would be able to make my character show his/her attacking with Near's Squad Based Action Battle System v3.2...

I think this is the script that is needed to show the attacking, but maybe make it so that all I have to do is add an extension like ("-atk") for an attacking sprite to my character's graphic. Umm, an example of what I need is something like Blizz-ABS where you can have the character attacking with a sword and whatnot.

Here is the script that I am pretty sure needs some modifications:
#======================================
# â–  Squad Based Action Battle System
#  By: Near Fantastica
#   Date: 14.06.05
#   Version: 3.2
#   Thanks To: Cybersam for the Keyboard Script
#   Thanks To: Prexus for the Graphics
#
# â–  ABS Key Commands
#   E   Ã¢â€”

Try Prexus' animation script. Search for it. It works the same way as you would want. But why would you use an outdated script? Why not use Mo's or Blizz's or even Prexus'? This intrigues and confuses me at the same time.

I am going to stick with Near's SBABS because it is exactly what I need. But, could someone help me modify the script so that I can have a graphic change to the character attacking? I don't really understand how to do that with Prexus' ABS and add it to the one I am using. Couldn't I just like add a line of code making the character change their graphic to what they are doing? Or is it not that easy?

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=8200.0

Go there. Read. Its exactly what you want and you won't have to modify the script. Although Mo's is the exact same thing as Near's because it was built/based off of it. And even in Prexus' its as easy as just adding, "-atk" "-hit" "-cast" to the end of the sprite file.

IE:"arshes.png" "arshes-atk.png" "arshes-hit.png" "arshes-cast.png"

As is the case with the newer Abs' they all include an animation engine for the most part. Its easy to use you just have to be willing to read a tad bit. But either ways go to that topic link and check it out. Hope that helps :thumb: don't use Nears if you can help it because its seriously outdated. But again its your thing.

I am using this ABS because it is exactly what I need, and so on....but all I need is to add the animation stuff and it will be the best ABS for me :) I like to keep the ABS pretty simple since my game isn't ALL based on the ABS :) Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.