Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Name Input/Very Hard

Does anyone know how to script a three file screen where each file can have a different name? Such as in Final Fantasy and The Legend Of Zelda games. Also, I'd like a script of a Very Hard mode enabled for each file that completed the game at least once. If anyone could help me, thanks a lot.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Dude, the very hard mode would be easy, just do this:

Make an exact copy of your game, but make a switch:

Conditional Branch: If Switch (Completed Game) is ON, make it say something like: Welcome to Very Hard mode, this is alot harder. (I dunno lol)
and for the Else case, make it say, please complete the game on normal mode first.

And on the original version of the game, when you complete it, make it turn the switch on (Completed Game)

And on the new version (Very Hard), Just chnage the enemy database or something so the monsters are powerfuller, and you can change prices of items and thing, I dunno.

I've done this before, can't remember if thats exactly how I did it, but it should work

Three things - 1. Can you use multiple files in this fashion?
2. Can the name they put be mentioned by the NPCs at certain times? (ex. Hello, NAME. What are you doing here?)
3. Can different names act as passwords? (ex. MONEYBAG = Infinite gold.)

Jason

Awesome Bro

Yeah, heres how it goes...

Say your first person is called Bob, your second is Bill, your third is Ben, and fourth is Billy

So theyre all in your party...

1st Party member = \n[1]
2nd Party member = \n[2]
3rd Party member = \n[3]
4th Party member = \n[4]

So if you type:

Hello \n[1]

it will really say:

Hello Bob

Ya know what I mean ?

Hope I helped

3. Can different names act as passwords? (ex. MONEYBAG = Infinite gold.)

Yes. Just make a new actor in the database, without a graphic or anything. Do Input Name Processing for that actor. Then, do a conditional branch "If actor(whatever number) name applied (Let's say 9999G)" add gold +9999.

Twar3Draconis;128822 said:
Give your hero a blank name, and ask the player for a name when starting a new game. It's in the event commands, 4th page, I think.

There is no fourth page. It's on the third.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.