Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

My HK RMXP Remake

Was not sure if this counted as an edit, but I posted it here to be safe.

==================================================

Alright, so for obvious reasons I need to get back into spriting; can't run a resource site and not contribute as well. So I have been working on a 'Half Kaiser: Graphics Kit.' This graphics kit is a remake of all the default RPG Maker XP characters (even monster sets and tile sets) and below is the starting progress for one of the default character sheets in RMXP.

102-Civilian02

Below is the remake of 102-Civilian02 which is a child (male). So far I have done only the hair and had to slightly modify the half kaiser sprite to work and then fine tune the hair and I think I got it pretty close to the original:

NORMAL and 700% Zoom View
hk-remake_102-Civilian02_by-kagekazumi.jpg

3200% Zoom
hk-remake_102-Civilian02_by-kagekazumi_3200-zoom.jpg

R.J.

That looks pretty sweet, and I love the ambition. Such a kit would be very awesome. I just hope it gets finished someday.

Thank you; of course I noticed a minor issue (easy to fix though) where the hair line meets the eyes. I extended 4 lines to long with a dark color so he looks to have triangles going on. However, as I said it is an easy fix. As for the the kit getting completed this is just a start as I have plans to ask for help later, but I can't do that if I don't show what I have done already.

Yes there have been a few people who made some (I believe someone on here as well) of their own. I will admit my pixel skills are intermediate at best and shading, and light are not my cup of tea. So if anyone has advice in shading, colors, etc. I more than welcome it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.