Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mutiple Triggers?

I'm wondering if it is possible, if there is a script for, and if not, if anyone could possibly make one, to use multiple triggers? A trigger are these little dodads:

> Action Key
> Player Touch
> Event Touch
> Autorun
> Parallel Process

I'm wondering if you could say have an event run in Parallel Process to run a certain set of commands, but then, if say you touched it or pressed the action key on the event, it would do something else. I always thought that there was a conditional branch option for this, but I was wrong.

Yes Ive thought of that but the thing is that my battle system is chrono trigger-like, and can have many monsters. Having 2 variables for every monster would be painful. I'm already using over 300 variables for the battle system alone.

I need each monster to run a view range script so the enemies can detect you, which is a script and therefor needs to run on parallel process, then I need it to call battle script when the event touches the player. (because it runs up to you when it spots you)

Oh! Yeah I understand that.
Can you do it like this:

first event page is parallel processing and when the player is spotted you activate a self switch and make a new event page. There you set the move route to "move towards player", make it when event touches player processing and start battle command

But there lies the dilemma. I explain in this thread that the script turns off the local switch when it is suppose to turn it on, so the process would have to go like this instead because of it:

first page, turn switch A on, follow player (parallel process)
second page, view range script call, fixed position (parallel process) Switch A has to be on.

then if the player enters the view of the event, switch A turns off
so then it goes back to the first page
as long as the player stays in the view of the enemy, switch A will constantly turn ON and OFF and 1000 clicks per minute, so it will follow you.

But then that leaves no room for event touch, because both pages have to be parallel process for it to work.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.