Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Music Player (V 1.1)

Music Player (VX)
Version: 1.1

Introduction

This script was designed to allow you to play audio files from a created playlist. You may import files to the playlist & delete files from the playlist. There is an export tool you can use (primarily for encrypted games) that read all audio files from the audio folders and creates a playlist and exports it to a text document.

New in 1.1: Added a feature that lets you play and toggle your tracks outside in player scene (on the map). It lets you scroll to the next track or last track. This can be turned off by resetting track. You may also now call the scene with a single button press. You can also disable this feature.

Script

Instructions

See script heading

Compatibility

Should be compatible with anything.

Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2008 SephirothSpawn (Timothy Hoffman)
Free for non-commercial use.
20 USD commercial license. Contact via. SephirothSpawn@hotmail.com

Any modifications to the system are not to be re-distributed without my consent.

Author's Notes

Enjoy!

One problem with the script. When I try to test play the game, this poppes up:

Script 'Music Player' line 180: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method 'seph_musicplayer_gmsys_init'

for # <Game_System:0x13e3618>

Zeriab

Sponsor

Here's the problem

#==============================================================================
# ** Game_System
#==============================================================================

class Game_System
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Public Instance Variables
  attr_reader  :musicplayer
  # * Alias Methods
  alias_method :seph_musicmlayer_gmsys_init, :initialize
  # * Object Initialization
  def initialize
    @musicplayer = MusicPlayer::Game_Data.new
    seph_musicplayer_gmsys_init
  end
end

Thanks Zeriab! The script works, but there is a problem after I exit the scene. The window seems to still be there.

Also, I have a question. I can import songs, but I can't play the songs that come with the game. Is there a way to do that?

Woo. I really need to not script at so early in the morning. I am so used to the SDK, I haven't had to dispose a window in years. I'll update it in a few seconds.

*feels very dumb*

Edit: Script file fixed again.

Thanks! Two things and that's it.

1. Can I play the songs that are already in the game from the scene?

2. Could you make it so that the songs I choose to play, play while I'm moving around in the game? The only time the music would change to the original song that is supposed to play is if I pressed reset.

If you don't want to do number 2, it's okay. I like this Music Player already! Thank you very much!

The exporter is suppose to let you do that. It copies all your game audio files and makes a text document that you just need to copy and paste in the code.

I'll do the number 2 in a bit. ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.