Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mundane's Music

I often get bored and try my hand at making a tune in FL Studio. More than often I don't get past the conceptual stage where I work off a beat, or write down a couple of lines of music. So here are some songs that I've managed to get done (somewhat), and feel they'd be okay to share. I'll update when I get more.

Released:
I Got A Dub in my Pocket: This is a good ol' trippy dub/reggae song I did about a month ago. It's mixed up pretty well, so if you got good speakers...crank it.
Download (4.1 mb)

Song of Storms - Hip Hop: This is a hip hop remake of the classic song from the Ocarina of Time. Basically just a transfer from sheet music with a simple 3/4 beat over top.
Download (1.5 mb)

Desperation: This one started out as a happy one, but as my day got shittier the mood sort of fades out. Took about 3 or 4 hours to get done.
Download (12.4 mb)

Work in Progress:
- A Two Gram Blunt (Dub/hip hop fusion)
- The Place I'll Return to Someday (hip hop remix of FFIX title theme)

man at the end of the song of storms i was expecting this breakdown into an epic orchestral piece lead by some amazing hiphop beat
but it didnt happen

same with the dub thingy.. your basics are okay, but they need a breakdown into another melody or more instruments or whatever else you can think of..
it is kindof relaxed though, good background music

Yeah, I can never get passed that point. :blank: I'm hoping with the two I'm currently working on I can throw a lot more breakdowns and even some really cool transitions in it. I'm even looking into live guitar for A Two Gram Blunt. Thanks for the tips, man.

i didnt even start on the tips yet ;D
would you mind passing me the flp file of the song of storms? ima fiddle a bit with it, and see what i can get out of it..
or did you use all kinds of weird vst's that i dont have?
or do you simply object, which is also possible..

I don't have the .flp for the Song of Storms on this computer. I'll have to send it to you another time. I don't believe I used anything other than default VSTs for it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.