Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multi-Magic/Skill Selection

I was wandering if it's possible to make a multi-magic selection system.
Like if you go into the skill(or magic) in the command window your given an over lapping window or new command window showing: Solomon(or summon), Elemental(4basic elements), Aura(heal magic), Arcane(Black Magic), and Drake(Ice and Thunder Magic).
I will create the icons used for the before pics of the class of magic.
and the skills (i.e. Cross Cut) will be under the corresponding weapon set.
Like Cross Cut would be under Sword Skills. Now for the harder part of this request, I would want the Weapon Skills usable by any one who equips a weapon. Like Basil equips a Bow he can then use Bow Skills but losses the lance skills, as for anyone else who would equip a different weapon they would lose the skills that they learned but not forever.
Like back to Basil, he de-equips his lance(he would then lose his lance skill) and say equip a sword(then he would learn a sword skill), but the lance skill he once had would be in reserve in the skills menu. So once he re-equips a lance he would forget the sword skill but retain all the lance skills he learned wile he had that weapon equipped.
Now I know what your gonna ask is what about the other party members.
Got it covered about that. Say Aluxes is level 28 and learned about 30% of the sword skills, and he switches weapons from Sword to Dagger and Gloria equips the sword she would have to start from the beginning of the sword skills.
Hope your gonna follow this.
And as for the magic only certain class can use magic called Mystics, and each mystic can learn every spell providing you find the correct elemental glyph, 8 glyphs in all for each of the 8 elements, so thats 8 levels for Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, etc.... so thats 64 different basic spells. this isn't covering advanced spells, pro spells, and Ascended Spells. So I hope this gets done this would greatly and nearly complete my primary project witch as of now is only 25% complete(been working on it for about 2 years now)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.