Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mouse Click -> Event Trigger

Hello, whoever is reading this.

i need a script for my game it has mouse stuff kthxbai

I'm thinking about making a little minigame where you have to shoot things on the map to get points. Then I thought it would be cool if you could control the cross-hair with the mouse. I searched around the forums, but, it was kind of in vain. I found some simple mouse scripts, but they all said the player goes to the event, and then the event triggers. I was hoping someone could make(or edit a script, like Mr. Mo's)something that could make it so that right when the player clicks on a tile, whatever event that is on it will trigger. Also, if there is no event on the tile the player clicked on, then call a common event.

And, of course, since the mouse disappears after it enters the screen, it would be nice if whoever decides to make this script for me makes it so that a selected picture(can the picture be at least 32x32?)will replace the mouse cursor. Hmm, I don't think I can make this post any more detailed...Sorry 'bout that.

Summary:
            -When left-click on event, then trigger.
            -When left-click on no event, then call common event.
            -Make the cursor for mouse a(32x32?)picture in files.
            -Make it non-scripter friendly  :huh:
            -RMXP, please.

Credits in my little game goes to whoever attempts this for me.  :lol:
thx 4 doing dis
Thanks for reading!

~speedolphins

Mundane":uesk43ix said:
Uh, Mr.Mo made something just like what you need. Search for something like "Mouse Effects" or something of that nature.

Ah, thanks for replying. If it is this one, can you test it and tell me how? I'm not really familiar with all the scripting and stuff...If it's not that one, can you link me?

Thanks, Mundane!
~speedolphins

That's the one. There is no scripting necessary. Just copy and paste it in your Scripts Database and read how to comment events appropriately so it will work the way you want. Simple.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.