Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Morphing Script

infini

hey guys i realy want help on something....i need a Morphing script....you know something that will give the character the ability to transform into a monster.(i want the char to have a skill that it will change the char's apearance...thats it)

look at this...this is how i want to look like...or something like it....look at the blue haired character when he transforms here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAx6bv9AO2g

plz HELP ME!!!!  ;D

You don't need a script for this. You can do this all with common events. First You make you common event, like name it morph or sumthin. In the event, make it so it changes the players graphic, or whatever else you want to change. Then make the skill called Morph. Make it have no scope, no damage but give it the common event "Morph"
Good luck.

The problem of that is that you stay the form forever, unless you have it where
a conditional branch. Requires so much mana or something, then you form back to normal.
Make sure to make a common event to restore default stats, or whatever else you do.
May take awhile to do, I tried it once.

I'll see if i can figure it out. Helladen made a good point there andd i can't script so, i'll see what i can do!

EDIT: Well, you can have it where you change form, and then use another skill to change back, it thats what you want, it would be much easier.

I made a demo for you using my above method. I'll post it soon.

Well, you make two skills. Two common events. One pair is called Human, the other is called Monster. You make it change to whatever you want the guy to change into with a Change Hero Graphic thing which can be found on tab 3 in the events box.

infini

hehe thnx guys but one more question...when i use morph and i have the form of the monster and the battle ends...i want if posible the char to take his normal form...can i do this? how?....thnx anyway...rpgfanatic thank you for the demo ^^

Hyde

Try this.
With the common event put it all in a 'Conditional Branch' with a switch to be OFF, turn on a else branch on it as well.
When this switch is set off it will run the morphing process and insert in the off section that it will turn this switch ON as well.

Now on the 'else' branch just make it do the complete opposite from the OFF branch.

Now the next bit I can think of 1 way to do it, which is a pain.
Make a 'Parallel Process' event on each map you can use this skill on.
And make it trigger when that switch is ON.
And simply get it to run that same condition branch, of course is 5:22am and I'm stuffed so I know its dodgy but best I can think of after being up 22 hours straight.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.