Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

More BGM/BGS audio channels

Caesum

Basicaly, I'm looking for a script that would make possible to have more than one BGS music running. I've made practically everything to make some realistic ambient sound system(you know, when you're near some random fireplace, you can hear fire), the only thing is that I can't use more than one BGS and if I use SE then it sounds just awful. That's why I need a script that would make it possible to play and modificate(I'm talking about possibility to change it's volume). Does anyone know/want to do something like this?

Atoa

For this, it would be needed to re-write the whole Audio module, wich is one of the hidden modules of RM. There's some audio re-write out there but none of them (at last the ones i know) do this, and i really doubt someone would do this.

I would think you could do something similar with events, set up with variabls the distance between you and the fire and have it play the BGS at different volumes depending on the distance..
You could also just, kinda merge BGS's together as one file to play, that could work...
I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.