Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Months, Seasons and Years added to Kylock's Time System?

Kylock's Script
Here is the link to Kylock's Script http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=46888.0.  He made it clear that he would not be adding months to this script due to the different amount of days in each month.

What I need
What I need is a time system just like this one with months,seasons and years.  I have plans for my game to have a very advanced advanced plant system and the vairables and switches in his system work perfectly.  I would be tickled if someone could work with me on this.  The more sweat i put into this game, the more it will mean to me : p  But, since im a total noob i would be just as happy to have someone slap this together for me.  Im thinking that these things can be added to this script, but again, in a noob, so it might need a whole new script.

Months
30 days in a month
Variable for the current month name.
Editable month names
Switches for each month

Seasons
4 seasons to a year
Variable for the current season name
Editable season names
Switches for each season

Years
12 months to a year
Customizable starting year (as in its year 1 when the game starts, or year 7942 when the game starts)
Variable for the current year

Time Window in the Menu Screen
Currently, the time window just shows what time it is.  It would be really awesome if if would show the day and month as well. 
Maybe something like...  Monday, November 5, 9:50. 
Or on two lines, if thats possible.  Like...
9:90
Monday. November 5

Other Stuff
I would like to be able to determine the very day that my game starts.  The story line that im working on for this game starts in late spring.  I dont even know if this is possble.

a big /e-hug to the person who picks this up!  this is my first game atempt and im really excited to see how it turns out.  But without having months and seasons this game is nothing.  Thanks to everyone!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.