Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Monster difficulty Script

ok its prolly been done but hear me out.

Is it possible to make a script, that when u start a new game, it asks you what difficulty you want, and depending on what you choose, it effects all the monsters stats... this is specific to what im looking for:

Easy - All Monster Stats multiplied by 0.75
Normal - All Monster Stats multiplied by 1 (no difference to monsters)
Hard - All Monster Stats multiplied by 1.5
Expert - All Monster Stats multiplied by 2
Insane - All Monster Stats multiplied by 3

its a really basic concept, basically, all the difficulty level change does, is change how strong the enemies are, nothing more.

I actually did that, but I have just finished a new Dynamic Enemies level.

Basically, you control 5 values for each stat:

Start Value (at lowest level), Max value (at hishest level), Early Gain, Late Gain, and Variance

Your enemies are assigned to a certain level (which you can control the range) and the stats are randomized acording to the specs.

Works most excellent. I am trying to finish up 1 more script before I go on a little submition sphree. Should be later tonight.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.