Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Modified Battle Menu

As you will see in the screenshot below, I'm not looking for a completely new way of battle system, just a small change if possible.

i understand the screenshot looks like crap, but I'm wondering if anyone can make it.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x1/t ... meVeiw.jpg[/img]

i just want the menu on the side, and squeeze the actors a bit closer together. and the black outline to be white, i don;t know if you can do that without changing the interface.

Yep, that can be done rather easily.

The default "Party Command" window (Fight, Escape) disappears after you make a selection.
What would you like in that spot after the window goes away?

Also, do you still want the Actor Command Window (Attack, Skill, Defend, Item) directly above each actor?

Be Well

P.S.  Also, have you implemented any other scripts or script edits?

I'm rather new to useing scripts, and i never used one in my games, if someone could make this script, i would perfer that the actors attack skill defend etc appeared were the fight and esacpe would appear of the edit.

(EDIT: i just now learned how to make a window of text appear useing scripts. its pretty worthless, but its cool to me)

Close your project

Download this file (Pom_Scripts.rxdata) to the "Data" folder in your project

Rename the original Scripts.rxdata to Scripts.rxdata.bak

Rename Pom_Scripts.rxdata to Scripts.rxdata

Open the project & Test

If you want to see the lines in the scripts that I changed, Open the script editor, type Cntl-Shift-F, and search for BREW

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.