Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Modern Girl in Jeans

This is probably going to be the main character for my game(if and when I can start it...stupid computer). Therefore, I want your most honest, brutal opinions. What do you think?
I frankensprited the hair from Lancer04.

It looks like I unknowingly pillow-shaded, but I dunno.

(Old Image Taken Down)

I think you pulled the sides in on the front and side view standing frames too far. It looks unnatural. I also think the line under her breasts should be lighter on the front view standing animation. And you already talked about the pillowshading thing for the jeans, so nobody should really need to comment on it. Other than that, good job.

P.S. I really liked the design for the shirt, though. It's simple and sometimes that's what it needs.

Thanks, I'll get on it ASAP. Anyone is still free to comment.

Oh, what did you mean by pulling the sides in? The shirt 1 pixel too small on both sides, for the front? And just 1 pixel for the side? Please elaborate, if it's not a bother.

I'm not sure if it's the template you used or just something you changed yourself, but you have the shirt that's clinging to the body come in at a very narrow waist (pixel toward the body). What ends up happening as a result is that your sprite looks like a quarterback for the NFL.

My suggestion would be to use an unmodified version of Mack's female template instead. It's a lot more proportional to the human body.

The picture seems to not display anymore for me, so I can't give more advice. But I remember seeing that originally and thinking it was a little strange.

Oh, I modified the Mack template with Irgnya's help because I thought that Mack's made the characters look chubby. I used it for the Female SOLDIER, too. It looks like a footbal player? I don't see it. Maybe it's 'cause I made it.
Oh, and I made the shirt tight because I can't stand loose tank tops.

I'll have a new version on here by tonight...hopefully.

The problem is that the template is so small that you can't do just a slight modification of the waist without completely messing with the proportions. Because of the scale, you end up with a character that looks like this:
http://www.neatorama.com/images/2005-11/jung-waist.jpg[/IMG]

RTP isn't meant to look realistic, but the proportions are there. If you do think that the RTP style is too chubby for females, I'd suggest completely reworking the template, then, keeping proportions in mind. You'd need to tighten up the shoulders, elongate the legs and arms as well as reduce the head size.

Hmm, well, since I can't upload the update until tommorow now, I'll fiddle with the original Mack template and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok, I tried, but I guess templates aren't my thing. I can't figure out how to edit Mack's template without dementing it.

Uh, would anyone like to help me out and edit Mack's female template for me? I just would like it thinner.

I know, Resource Requests, but I figure I can save board space by asking here.

Uh, frumpy? What do you mean? And I can't make her more curvy, it's darn near impossible.

This is a last call for any and all opinions! After tommorow, I'm taking the old sprites down.
I was wondering what people thought about the shading on the jeans of the newer sprite.

P.S. Sorry about my absence, I was tied up with obligations and stuff.

Nin

Didnt Gamerage release a template with the arms rested to their side?

Use that instead, shes standing like a man.
And her waist is too small.

I hate Gamerage's template, the ankles look like they're about to snap off. I'm well aware that the waist is too small, and I'm trying to fix that now. And how is she standing like a man? Please elaborate.

deakce

Hab seit einigen Wochen eine Cruel Girl Georgia mit Stretch fast täglich im Einsatz. Kann bisher nur Positives berichten. Super bequem, tolle Passform, keine Risse etc. :?:

vigoss jeans

Whether you want to one’s all over on a colloquial afternoon stroll around the neighborhood, or are looking for a casual charge for an pleasing evening moment town, jeans are always mark vogue :roll:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.