Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

mode 7 battle script?

I was just curious as to if anyone had a working mode 7 battle script?If there isn't one around yet, even a beta, I guess I'll attempt it even though I have barely learned RGSS yet, so don't expect anything for a very long time which puts a good hold on my game being completed in the next 5 years...

I think that this should be in Requests subforum since you are kinda making a request.

reported for moving.

And yes there is a mode7 script around the forums.Use the search Function

I think he wants a pseudo-3d battle system, which would probably be somewhere around 'damn near impossible' in rmxp <______<;
Pretty sure this has been said before: "RMXP is a 2d game maker, and trying to get it to do something else is just stupid" <.<;

If he's looking for a 'front-view' battlesystem (our ever-lovin' generic system) that allows the camera to zoom in on the action... there are two alternatives that are available in the Submitted Scripts forum (and cataloged in the FORUM SCRIPTS LISTINGS if you look).

The first option is to get the Real Time Action Battler (RTAB) system itself. It has a camera zoom feature already built into the system. It's been around for some time and is still under development. I suggest version 1.16 which is the current version out. Use the script, not the demo I put up as I turned the camera system off and used my sideview script on it.

The second option is to get the XRXS's Full-View Battleback & Movable Camera script. It is made for the default battlesystem, but it moves the camera in pretty much the same way as the RTAB system does. I haven't tried it with other battlesystems... but, hey... who knows?

Maybe you can find someone brave enough to find a way to modify the map Mode7 script for battle? Though impossible, it is, theoretically, doable to some degree. Just remember that background's all one picture so there isn't really any way to get a perfect mode7 effect, especially if it won't exactly "wrap". And when you zoom in and out, it'd just look flat.

Corona!;216813 said:
Maybe you can find someone brave enough to find a way to modify the map Mode7 script for battle? Though impossible, it is, theoretically, doable to some degree. Just remember that background's all one picture so there isn't really any way to get a perfect mode7 effect, especially if it won't exactly "wrap". And when you zoom in and out, it'd just look flat.

Well presumably you could mix it with a script that makes battles take place on the map rather then with the separate background. I know those exist. I don't know if it would be as simple as using that on a Mode 7 map though since there would probably be some sort of clashing w/ the script..

Sorry, Ccoa, I guess if anyone deserves blame here, it's me since I was the first necropost. It was on the frontpage for some reason and I forgot to check the date. What I'm wondering, though, is why it was on the frontpage in the first place. Not to point any fingers or anything, mind you, it just seems kinda fishy.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.