Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mirrors Edge/Sonic Engine

Basically, I need a script that runs like plays like mirrors edge and Sonic Unleashed
What I mean is I want a script that contains these few things:
Acceleration: Player starts of at slow speed, but increases overtime
8 way directional Movement: Up, up left, left, left down, down, down right, right, and right up
Input specific switches: Separate actions and switches activated by certain keys.
This means if glass has a switch event to make it break and able to go through I want, one key and only one key to be able to activate that. But If I want to jump using space bar the space bar shouldn't activate the switch that breaks the glass. I will need inputs to activate many independent switches/events.
Power Gauge: Bar that fills up after killing a monster or collecting an item, can be used to increase speed or for special attacks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.