Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Minor Resurrection After Battle

Something I've found annoying is the default system in RMXP where if one of your party members falls in battle, after the battle they remain dead with 0 HP. Which means until you use an item to resurrect them they are useless.

Now how might I be able to fix it so after the battle the party members that are dead are immediately resurrected with only 1 HP; this way the player can simply use a health potion, which the player is more likely to have more of, rather than use a resurrection item (which I'm of the general opinion should be limited to in-battle only).

Would I ultimately do better tweaking the already existing RGSS or would I be better off implementing a new script, so as to not mess with the default settings?

I came here because I thought the latter might be better, if anyone could help I'd be thankful.

-Jon

This is actually really easy to do (and I didn't expect this easy method to work, but I just went and tested it)

All you have to do, is go into States, go to Knockout, click "Release at the end of battle". That's it, nice and simple. :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.