Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mini-Scripts (9/16/08 - 9/22/08)

Below is a list of mini-scripts I have completed over the past week. I plan to do this every week. Most of these come from script request topics I have completed.

Smooth Map Auto-Scrolling
Version: 1.0

Introduction

This script was designed to make map auto-scrolling even better, providing diagonal movements to any position. You may scroll to the center of any position, targeting the player, an event, an object you create, or a predefined position.

Script

Common Event Code Input

Introduction

This script was designed to allow you to press buttons in a sequence to trigger a common event. You have x frames to input a code, x being customizable.

Script

Map Quick Equipper

Introduction

This script was designed to allow you to press a button and open a quick equip system that allows you to change our current weapon. It also displays the current weapon icon in a corner.

Script

Instructions

See script heading

Compatibility

Works with or without SDK

Terms and Conditions

See script heading

Author's Notes

Enjoy!

Smooth Map Auto-Scrolling: Saves me a lot of trouble for the scrolling map, very useful.
Common Event Code Input: Interesting script, could be used in a battle system for a quick combination input.
Map Quick Equipper: Best used in an RPG ABS of some sort.

Great scripting as usual, Seph. ^_^

Common Event Code Input: Interesting script, could be used in a battle system for a quick combination input.

Basically. I used a very similar module for a music engine I made (DDR/Guitar Hero). It wouldn't take much modification at all.

Skill is used
Turn module on
add any graphics you would like see displayed
have module run something when it completes

I might just make something like this today in fact, just so its out of the way.

I'm kinda confused on the common event one but the quick equipper reminds me of the one in Behemoth's projectile ABS. :3 great job Seph! :thumb:

[[off topic]] No Kingdom Hearts ABS :[ [[/off topic]]

Sorry y'knew it was coming. Lol

EDIT: Oh yeah is there a way to change key that brings up the quick equip menu? I mean I see it right there in the beginning of the code or whatever but I'm using BLlizz's ABS and yeah I need the R key for default reasons.

And if I change it to Input::N it gets an error.  :dead:

I'm stumped mate.

Assist me?

.::Makasu::.":vo60xa8z said:
EDIT: Oh yeah is there a way to change key that brings up the quick equip menu? I mean I see it right there in the beginning of the code or whatever but I'm using BLlizz's ABS and yeah I need the R key for default reasons.

And if I change it to Input::N it gets an error.  :dead:

I'm stumped mate.

Assist me?

That's because Input::N doesn't exist.  The Input refers to RMXP's game keys, not the actual letters themselves.  You'll either have to use an input module, or just use one of the other inputs from RMXP.  :thumb:

I am updating the Input module to include a complete keyboard. I am merging all the input/keyboard/mouse modules out there to make 1 single working input module. You will just use:

Code:
if Input.press?(Letters['N')

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.