Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mini-Game Request

Does anyone know where a Blitzball Script would be? If not, could someone make one for me?
Here is what I want:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1YnnB0QkhY

~About Blitzball~

Blitzball is like Underwater Football, Soccer and Water Polo. There are 6 players on a team. The positions are:
MF: Middlefield          Setup ->         |{RF         {RD                 |
LF: Left Forward                             |                                   |
RF: Right Forward                           |     {MF                      KG|
LD: Left Defense (Back)                   |                                    |
RD: Right Defense (Back)                 |{LF         {LD                  |
GK: Goal Keeper

The Stadium is in a giant, underwater sphere.

~Statistics~
The stats for this mini-game are:
HP: HP is used up while moving and when a skill is used
SHT: The power of the players shot, the higher the SHT the better chance of getting a goal.
SP: The speed of the player. The higher the SP is, the easier it is to outswim the opponent.
AT: The attack of a player. The higher the AT, the less END the opponent will have.
EN: The endurance of a player. The higher the EN, the easier it is to keep the ball. If the EN points is 0, the other team will have control of the ball.
PA: The passing ability of a player. The higher the PA, the less chance the catching player will fumble the ball.
BL: The blocking ability of a player. If you encounter an opponent with the ball and they just happen to Shoot or Pass and your BL is higher than there SHT or PA, you'll take the ball off them
CA: The catching ability of a player. The higher the CA, the higher the chances of the goalie catching the ball.

~Status Ailments~
Poison: Player takes more damage while moving and cannot use Techniques. When the stat is in affect, the player's name turns green.

Wither:One of the player's statistics will be halved. When the stat is in affect, the player's name turns yellow.

Nap: The player will fall asleep and won't wake up until someone passes the ball to them or someone scores a goal. They can't participate in the game until they are awake. When stat is in affect, the player's name turns blue.

~How to Play~

The game starts when the ball is shot up into the air, the two MF will try to grab the ball before the other.

Each player in the match moves around after the ball. When one or more opposing players get to close to you, the encounter phase will begin.

During the encounter phase, there are 2-3 options. Break to..., No break, Dribble, Shoot and pass.
( - means that the menu changes to the following commands)
[Break to...] - (Opposing Name), *Opposing Name, *Opposing Name, *Opposing Name
[No Break] - Shoot, Pass
[Dribble]
[Shoot]
[Pass]

~Techniques~

Techniques are skills that players obtain from winning leagues and Techcopy.
There are 4 different categories:
Shot: Increases the shots performance and often leave Status Ailments.
Pass: Increases the pass' performance and often leave Status Ailments.
Attack: Increases the attacks performance and often leave Status Ailments.
Support: May have various effects like increasing all statistics to dodging attacks.

Techcopy is when a character has marked an opponents equiped skill. When the selected opponent uses the marked skill, the player must press a certain button when the blue and white flashing words "Techcopy" turn white. The player will learn the skill, but if they press the button when it isn't white, they won't learn the skill.

The Technique Slots show how much Techniques can be equiped during one match. The Technique Slots grow on leveling

~Before Beginning~

There are three setup menus before the match begins.

The first is the field setup. You must select your LF, MF, RF, LD, RD and GK.
The second is the Technique setup. You may select which Techniques to use in the match.
The last is the marking setup. You may select what Technique a player may try to copy.

~Leveling~

A player gains experience depending on the length of time the player has been involved (Shooting, passing etc). When a character levels up, they could increase the Technique Slots by one. Only a few of the stats will get increased on each level. For Example:
The Player gains a level and SHT, SP, CAT are increased
The Player gains another level and END, SP, BLK, HP are increased
I really need this to be a major mini-game for my game. I'd like it to be for VX but I'll also except XP...
I would really appreciate anyone who can make this or point one out to me.
So  :thumb: to all the people who can help!!!

A script of this complexity would be a massive undertaking. If someone did do it, I would definitely use it in my game, but I don't think anyone would take on the project without some sort of reimbursement...

As SirJames said, the complexity of this script is pretty massive. I have worked on this myself but don't have near the time it would take. The data structure alone is complex and the game/performance classes are way more difficult. That's not even getting into the game itself, that's just the internal data.

I may eventually finish my system, but it will be far from now. If someone does take this request, I am would be willing to work with them on this system or offer advice and such if they needed it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.