Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Memorizing BGM FO' REALS!

SPN

I've done some digging, and haven't had any luck yet, but if this has been done before, please let me know :)

I'm looking for, hm, I guess just a little mod that would allow the Memorize BGM/BGS and Restore BGM/BGS event commands to actually work like a pause/play, instead of how it works now (remembering what was playing, then restarting it from the first when you restore it). I plan on music being a huge atmosphere setter, and will have a few lengthier songs in certain parts of the game where battles can take place.

So, is there a mod out there that enables you to actually memorize WHERE in a BGM you are, then resume it from there? I'd like the music to resume like this after battles instead of restarting every time.

The help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :)

SPN

Sorry for the double post, but I've encountered a strange issue after adding this script...

Whenever I test play any of the BGM tracks in the editor, they sound fine, but when they are actually played in-game, or in a test battle, it sounds almost like the tracks are different. They seem to lose that reverb and slight echo that gave them presence when played in game. I would play a BGM in the editor, then jump into a test battle, and it would sound worse.

Is this just an inherent bug with the script? Sorry, I'm probably just grabbing at straws now, but I don't think I can continue using this if it's going to mess up the audio.

Atoa

The FMOD is an *NEW* audio library, it process the sound in a different way than RMXP, so some midis might sound different.
Also it don't consider any loop of midis, you have to set them manually.

But in part it's good, some midis sound different on differents PC depending on the audio card. The FMOD makes it sound the same anywhere.

Thanks Atoa, I didn't realize FMOD had a built-in synthesizer for midis.

So, to overcome SPN's 'problem', he would need to play his midi files through his own synthesizer, then record them to a sound-wave based format (Wav, Mp3, Ogg...), and replace the midi files in his game with those.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.